IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!

" So...we meet again", he said stepping closer. I stood there quietly,shocked enough to react.

" Back off", Daniel said putting his hand on the man's chest to prevent him from stepping closer.

" Oh! Are you her boyfriend?Guess what I am Eva's boyfriend and I will not budge until I get my answers.", he said.

"  Back off will you! If she doesn't want to answer she will not", Daniel screamed pushing the guy back.

" No...I cannot run away from this, I have to answer...come in we can sit in the cafe and I will answer all your questions.  But before shit goes down I want you to know I really loved her too and it was an accident.", I said emphasising on the word accident.

" Finally little miss perfect agreed.", the guy said.

" Are you sure hon? We can go if you want.", Daniel whispered into my ear.

" Yes, I am sure.", I said with a sigh.

We sat down at a table. Ordered some coffee and the guy took of his mask. The mask covering his nose and mouth.

" This is Deke. My senior in college and Eva's boyfriend.", I said looking towards Daniel." I will tell you everything that happened that night ok. But promise me you will stop following me.", I said looking in Deke's direction. He nodded.

" It was a stormy night. Me and Monica were in the car. I had,had a fight with Eva. A major one because despite everything I did for her she broke my trust and almost got me expelled. I was driving towards my house. It was raining heavily. I saw a body lying down. There was a pool of blood around it. Me and Monica got off to take a look and help the person. To our horror it was Shanaya, my best friend. We lifted her and put her in the car. We saw the silhoutte of a girl. She was crying there and mumbling that she didn't do it. The girl was Eva. Apparently according to what Eva said, they had got into a fight and Shanaya tumbled and fell. Shanaya had hit her head on a rock and that explained the pool of blood. I was so enraged but still let her into the car. We drove to the hospital and Monica kept yelling at me to drive fast. The situation was so stressful that I yelled back at Monica and at that moment my car crashed into another car. The next thing I remember was being in the hospital injured and weak. I got the news that Shanaya had survived. Monica wasn't injured that bad since she was in the backseat. The young and  beautiful girl who was injured the most was Eva. She couldn't make it through the night. She went into a deep sleep, so deep that she couldn't wake up ever again.", I said this and looked Deke was in tears. Deep down in my heart I knew if I had kept calm and focussed on the road none of this would have happened.

"Three months later when I went to school after recovery. News had spread. There were rumours that I had deliberately crashed in such a way that Eva would die. Who else would have spread this rubbish, it was Beanca. Then I changed school but didn't tell anyone anything orelse people would blame Eva for the damage caused to Shanaya. I came here where no one knew me to start life again.", I said and started crying.

Deke stood up and so did I. He hugged me tightly " You didn't tell anybody that it was an accident so that Eva wouldn't be misunderstood. You were and are a true friend despite what she did to you. Thank you for telling me the truth. I promise never to be seen around you again.",saying this he left.

Daniel and I got up to leave and as we sat in the car,he kissed me on my forehead.

"I have to tell you about an integral part of my life.", he said as he drove towards his home.

" Me too", I said. " You only know the part about the accident not the full story", I said and let out a sigh...

***
Hey Guys! A lot more interesting stuff is coming up. Make sure to vote,share,comment and follow.Toodles😘