Chapter 13

Adeline's POV:

Adeline's POV:

After gaining an awful beating from my father last night for hanging around with the boys, I struggle to move this morning. After coming and persuading me that I deserved it, he then went to work. Mother then shouted up the stairs that she was going to work. Meaning right now I have the house to myself. I change into some clothes that seem boyish, but right now I don't care, and then make my way to the sofa to read my book. I'm not sure how long I read for, but then the phone rings. I reach over and grab it, still reading.

"Farley residence." I say into the phone.

"A-A-Adeline?" Bill's voice stutters through the phone.

"Hey, Bill. What's up?" I ask.

"Everyone's c-coming to mine to check s-s-s-some things out, are you s-s-s-still coming?" He asks.

"Oh, I completely forgot. Sorry, I started reading my book, and then I just lost track of time." I admit.

"It's f-f-f-fine. We're still w-w-w-waiting on Ben, anyway." He says.

"I'll be right over." I tell him, and then hang up. I put my book away and leave a note. Then I make my way from the house and bike over to Bill's. As I get there, I see Ben walk through the garage door and then Mike check how to close it.

"Hold up, cowboy. Don't lock me out." I say to him. He chuckles, and I then walk in. As I do, I see a spot on the floor next to Eddie open, so I take it. I sit beside him and he turns to me.

"You look different today." He comments.

"Yeah, I'm wearing something more casual that my mum would probably hate. But I was reading and actually forgot about this. So then when Bill rang I didn't have time to change." I tell him. He then looks to my shoes.

"Yet you still wear heels?" He asks.

"My mum has this saying: 'What's the point of being a lady if you don't dress like one. Rule number one, never leave the house without wearing shoes with a heel.'" I tell him, mocking my mum.

"That seems like a stupid rule." Eddie replies.

"Oh, it is. But if I can wear whatever I want, I have to wear the heels to appease her. I think if she saw me wearing this and trainers, she would have a heart-attack." I say with a laugh.

"'Trainers'." Richie mocks in a bad British accent from behind me. I turn to face him.

"You are seriously destroying my accent right now." I comment to him. Everyone laughs, and then Bill fixes the projector so the slide of 'Old Derry' is in line with the modern sewers map.

Third Person POV:

"Look." Bill says, pointing at the map. "That's where G-G-G-Georgie disappeared. There's the Ironworks. And the Black Spot." Bill says, pointing out places on the map. "Everywhere it happens, it's all connected by the sewers, and they all meet up at-"