Chapter 8

Adeline's POV:

Adeline's POV:

As Bev and I get closer to the cliff of the quarry, we can hear the boys arguing.

"Oh my god, that was terrible. I win." Richie's voice says.

"You won?" Eddie asks.

"Yeah." Richie replies.

"Did you see my loogie?" Eddie asks.

"Mine went the furthest." Richie defends. "It's by distance."

"It's mass. It's always been mass." Eddie replies.

"What's mass?" Richie asks.

"Who cares how far it goes, it's how call it looks, and it's green or it's white. Or juicy or fat." Eddie replies.

"Alright. Who's first?" Bill asks, cutting off the argument between Richie and Eddie. All the boys look over the edge of the cliff, I look to Bev with a smirk.

"We'll go!" We announce in unison. They turn back to see us take off our dresses.

"Sissies!" Bev exclaims as she rushes past them. Bev jumps off the cliff first, and the boys' eyes follow her.

"What the fuck?" Richie exclaims. "Ahh, holy shit. We just got shown up by a girl."

"Make that two trashmouth." I exclaim as I rush past them. As I get to the end I turn and back-flip of the cliff letting out a cry of joy.

 As I get to the end I turn and back-flip of the cliff letting out a cry of joy

(A/N: Like the gif, but only her- the one on the left.)

"Holy fuck!" Richie exclaims.

"Come on!" Bev shouts.

"The water's great!" I shout. Then we see Bill's figure jump, followed by Richie, Ben, Eddie and then Stan. Once everyone gets down we start splashing each other.

"Come on Lana!" Bev calls, climbing onto Bill's shoulders ready for a chicken fight. I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn to see Ben.

"Want a lift?" He asks. I nod with a laugh, and I climb onto his shoulders. The four of us then chicken fight.

"Oh, you're going down, Lana." Bev taunts.

"I wouldn't get so cocky, Marsh." I reply. Then we fight, and it ends with Bev falling off of Bill's shoulders and into the water. Ben and I let out a cheer of victory. Then I feel a tap on my shoulder, Ben turns to see Eddie on Richie's shoulders. We then start to fight, and in the end, Richie starts to cheat and grab my legs.

"Richie, that's cheating." I call out, trying to stay on.

"I'm not doing anything." He replies, but then Eddie pushes me off. I land in the water, and I come up and glare at Richie. He gulps and throws Eddie off and into the water. I rush after Richie, splashing him as I go along, but then Eddie grabs my waist, I squeal in shock. Richie comes after me, while Stan and Ben splash each other.

"Bev! Woman down!" I shout to Bev, who's hanging on the edge with Bill. She looks over.

"I think you're doing fine." She replies.

"Traitor." I say through the laughs while Richie tickles my sides. "R-R-Richard, stop!" I manage to get out. But he laughs and keeps going.

"Ahh, fuck!" He suddenly says.

"What?" Eddie asks.

"Something touched my foot. Here." Richie exclaims, I take this moment to escape from Eddie's hold and swim towards Stan.

"It's a turtle." Bill informs everyone.

"I'm going to get out now." Bev tells everyone, and with that everyone gets to the cliff edge and climbs out.

Third Person POV:

Beverly and Adeline lay on the floor on their towels, with their sunglasses on their faces- drying in the summer sun. All the boys sit, staring at the female members on the cliff. All of them shocked, having two half-naked girls lying in front of their eyes. Bill's eyes stick on Beverly, while Eddie's eyes stick on Adeline, but the others switch gazing between the two. However, everyone notices the bruises on the blonde-haired girl. The two girls felt the eyes on themselves.

"Staring's rude, you know?" The British girl tells the boys, turning her head towards them. As she does they all move their gazes away. Richie's gaze goes from them to Ben's bag. He starts going through it.

"News flash, Ben. School's out for summer." Richie says, in an attempted impression of a news reporter.

"On, that's not school stuff." Ben says. Richie then pulls out a postcard.

"Who sent you this?" Richie asks.

"No one!" Ben argues, ripping the postcard from Richie's grip before he could read who he had written it for. Richie continues through the bag.

"What's with the history project?" Eddie asks, seeing the folder of newspaper clippings Richie brought out from the bag.

"Oh, well. When I first moved here, I really didn't have anyone to hand out with so I just started spending time in the library." Ben explains.

"You went to the library. On purpose?" Richie asks.

"Oi, Trashmouth. I did the same thing, so shut it." Adeline says to the boy.

"I wanna see." Beverly says, going and sitting next to Bill- who had the folder.

"What's the Black Spot?" Stan asks. At this Adeline makes her way over.

"The Black Spot was a nightclub that was burned down years ago by a racist cult." She informs those who were listening. They look to her in shock. "What? I said I spent time in the library." She defends herself.

"Y-y-y-y-your hair..." Bill starts.

"Your hair looks beautiful, Beverly." Ben says.

"Oh. Thanks." Beverly replies.

"Can I see?" Adeline asks. Bill hands the file to her, and she blushes as she feels Eddie look over her shoulder at the papers.

"Why's it all murders and missing kids?" Eddie asks. Adeline then hands the file to Richie. She then makes her way towards her backpack and searches through it for her book.

"Derry's not like any town I've ever been in before." Ben explains.

"Did you know they did a study that came out to say that people die or disappear six times the national average here? And that's only adults. Kids are worse..." Adeline rambles, not playing attention to anyone- still looking for her book. "Like in 1908, 102 people were killed at the Iron Works explosion, it was actually 88 kids and only 14 adults. Of course, 14 adults isn't a small number- but if you look at it at a whole that was 86% of the deaths were kids. Then if you look at the gang shootings in 1864, 120 people were shot. Only 11 people survived, but if you look at those who died it's actually strange because that's one of the few cases that show a rate that more adults died than kids, at the statistics of 50 kids dying and 70 adults dying. Ahh, found it." She finishes rambling and brings her book from her bag. She looks up to see everyone staring with jaws dropped. "What?" She asks them.

"Nothing." They all mumble.

"I've got more stuff if you want to see it?" Ben asks. They all nod, except Eddie who shakes his head straight away.