||Dr. Douchebro's Vulnerability||

It was yet another day and Anika was busy along with others to sterilize the operation theatre for another heart surgery to be performed by Dr. Docuhebro oops Dr Shivaay Singh Oberoi. She really need a medicine to get over the damn douchebro!

She was really annoyed with Om who was clearly taking the advantage of being the best friend no not best friend that's Anika's position,  friend of Shivaay and instead of working was just sitting in Shivaay's cabin talking to him on the pretense that he had a really tiring night duty yesterday.

Once she was done, she asked one of her coworkers to bring the patient and give him anesthesia as she moved to call Dr. Douchebro. "Sir everything is ready." said Anika entering the cabin but she noticed the environment quite tense. Shivaay looked in a hurry to go somewhere while his eyes were red. Something was definitely wrong.

"What happened?" she asked to which Om replied "Anika Rudy..." before be could complete Shivaay showed his palm "Patient is waiting let's get done with that first Anika, come." he said and holding her hands dragged her towards the Operating room.

Anika was perplexed with the change of events. She knew something was wrong. His smile was missing, his spectral eyes held unshed tears while his jaw was tightened. Still he did the surgery with all the perfection he had and once done left the operation theatre in a hurry, Anika followed him requesting others to get done with the work. He ran toward his cabin where Om was already present and picking up his phone asked for the driver.

"What happened Shivaay?" Anika asked but he didn't reply just rushed outside as Om followed him. Anika held Om's hand and asked him "What happened to Shivaay, Om?" Om took her hand and said in a choking voice "Rudy is in hospital Anika, he is shot!"

Anika's hold on Om's hand slipped. She can't even fathom the idea of Rudra being hurt. Even if for only two months she had turned too close to Rudra. "Om please manage all the schedule here. I am going for Shivaay." she said and ran after Shivaay. She knew she can't even guess Shivaay's condition right now. Rudra was not only his brother but also his child.

She saw him waiting for the army car he usually come. She was thankful that she had brought her car today as she had to drop Sahil early morning who was running late. Taking out her car she gestured Shivaay to sit in and without a word he sat inside as she drove toward Commander's bungalow. As soon as they reached an emotional Jhanvi hugged Shivaay crying her heart out while Tej stood nearby trying to show himself strong.

She could see the tears threatening to fall Shivaay's spectral eyes as he consoled his mother "Don't worry Mom I'll just leave for Srinagar. Dad please look after Mom and the work here." Anika didn't even realized when the words left her mouth "I am coming with you!"

Shivaay and other stared her to which she frowned and replied "Don't stare at me Shivaay I am not giving you a choice, I am coming that's it. Pack your bag, I am coming back in half an hour and will pick you up. I'll drive till Haldwani, booked car will take time."

A small smile came on Shivaay's face in between tears while Jhanvi hugged her thanking her to which she wiped her tears and assured her that Rudra will be fine.

Messaging Om she left toward her quater. She was thankful that Veer was there now he can take care of Sahil for the time being. As soon as she reached she told everything to Veer and got changed. She stuffed some clothes in her back pack with help of Veer and left ordering him to take care of Sahil and himself.

She drove back to Shivaay's house who was already waiting for her there at the gate and sat on the other side as soon as she came. "I have made the arrangements. You will have to take the train from Haldwani for Delhi at evening seven and then from there is a flight for Srinagar in afternoon two tomorrow. I have passed the details of flight and train on Shivaay's number" informed Tej and assuring both Tej and Jhanvi Shivaay and Anika left for Haldwani.