|| Dr Douchebro and Ms Careless ||

Life can't get anymore messed up. The person Anika called a douchebro last evening happens to be her Senior and she knew she is badly screwed up. Right now she could clearly get the phrase, 'world is small'.

As Dr Douchebro greeted each member of OT and moved toward her, Anika can't help the loud thumping of her heart. She so wished somehow her face changed at this moment or Dr Douchebro turn blind before he could see her!

She could hear his black boots rushing toward her as she kept looking at the floor which for now was the most interesting thing in the world for Anika. 

"Would you like to introduce yourself Ms?" 

She heard his voice and as a reflex gave up a salute. That's when she looked into his eyes. Those spectral eyes which have left her dazed from the first time she saw it last evening in the market.

"Name?"

He again asked and Anika was surprised. Didn't he recognized her? Maybe she looked different in her uniform as compared to the Denim and white cold shoulder top she had worn yesterday.

"Lt. Col Anika Roy" Anika introduced herself still amused with the fact that Dr Douchebro didn't recognized her.

"Col Shivaay Singh Oberoi,  nice to meet you Ms Roy" he forwarded his hand for a handshake which she accepted after hesitating a bit.

The moment her hand was gripped in his rough yet warm hands, she knew he had recognized her. The little curve at the right side of his lips just confirmed her doubt. It was nothing less than an evil smirk.

He passed by her to meet the others and Anika led out a breadth she didn't knew she was holding. Now that she knew he have recognized her, she also knew he is not leaving the matter so easily.  Why the hell in all the world Dr Douchebro has to be her Senior?

Meeting was over and they were leaving when she again heard his rough yet calm voice.

"Ms Roy would you mind to join me in my cabin for a moment? He ordered and Anika knew there is no point of refusing, she so wanted to rush to her room and hide under the duvet that very moment.

Anika moved toward his cabin followed by Dr Douchebro who settled down on his rolling chair. His gaze on her made her soul feel ripped of.  How is she even going to survive under him for the three years she had been posted here?

"Well I didn't expected you here Ms Careless" he remarked playing with the paper weight and Anika felt timid. She hated when anyone refer her careless. This remind her of the fact that she can never be her usual careless self.  She had to be responsible for her job and for her brother. It always break her heart to know that there is no one to correct her for her mistakes, no one to scold her for being a trouble invitee, no one to give her a warm embrace and a feeling of security.

"Is it all sir, May I leave?" asked Anika curtly. Even though she was still intimidated by his gaze, she is not going to bow down especially when she believes  she is not the one at fault. She is not the one to go through the famous Army phrase 'Boss is always right'!

She could see him taken aback for a moment from her curt reply. That's when she felt a pleasure inside her. A little victory is what she needed now the most.

"Well I expected an apology from you but looks like someone lacks manners!" Mr douchebro commented sarcastically and It took everything in Anika not to give him back. It was he who broke her phone then crushed it below his shoes and is now here sitting waiting for an apology.

"I have to check over the narcotic drugs Sir, I'll take your leave." said Anika with her best professional voice, giving a salute she was leaving when he again asked.