"Excellent." Carlisle responded tightening his arm around Destiny to the point where she felt like she was in actual danger.

"So, Could you use 3 more players?" Laurent asked. Everyone stared tensely at him.

"Oh, come on, just one game." He pleaded.

"Carlisle. Humor him." Destiny whispered into his chest.

"Why?"

"Just a feeling."

He turned back towards Laurent, "Sure, why not."

"Two of us left. You can take their place." Emmett added. Carlisle tossed the ball to Victoria.

"I'm the one with a wicked curveball." Victoria whispered with a grin.

"Oh well, I believe we can handle that." The boys whooped laughing.

"We shall see..." She whispered glancing towards me as she walked back. James' stare seemed to linger longer as if looking for something.

Carlisle tenses. "He's a tracker."

Destiny slaps his chest "If I know anything about a tracker from having a cat as a child. They want their prey to run or have something protecting it. They don't want an easy catch. Don't make me seem important."

"Smart girl." He kissed her forehead "Very smart."

"Esme will be with me. Play normally." Destiny confirmed passing by him. Her hood was up and her hair was down securely around her neck.

"I'm glad Alice didn't make you wear a jersey." Carlisle said inhaling her scent.

"She did. I just ruined her plans when I found your jacket in Esme's car. I'm asking you why you have a jacket later." Destiny teased trying to ease her fear.

"To keep up appearances." He whispered before speeding off.

Destiny ran towards Esme. "You ok?"

"Yes... James has an odd fixation with Alice." She whispered as the game started.

"What can Laurent do? Or Victoria?"

"Not sure. Not sure." Esme whispered.

"Anxious just thinking about it?"

She laughs "Yea."

"No judgement. If my hood comes off, I'm dead."

"Carlisle will protect you."

"I told him not to."

She gave her a look "Do you real think that he will acknowledge that request when you're in direct danger?"

Destiny blushes hiding her face as Carlisle slid into her view.

"Safe!" Esme called out.

"Good job." She praised and he nods with a longing look.
---

After a moment, Edward returned and we all stared at each other.

"Was a nice game. I hope that we will have another change to play."

"Of course. I can't help but notice that James had his eyes on Alice." James smirked at Carlisle words.

"Just reminiscing. You've become a beautiful immortal, Alice." He baited.

"Wait!" Alice called after him. "You know about my human life."

"Maybe." And with that he sped into the forest with Victoria on his side.

"My apologies for James." Laurent whispered before following them.

Destiny breathed a sigh of relief.

"Carlisle." Alice whispered.

"Wait, Alice. That was a trap. Bait to get you to follow him."

"But..." She trailed off and Jasper held her close.

"Let's go home and calculate the risks. I will drop Destiny off."

"Fine by Destiny." The human whispered leaning back against him as the fear fled leaving exhaustion.

"Should we leave her alone? James has her scent."

Carlisle tensed thinking.

"I can go over Charlie's. His door is always open to me."

"Yes. You and Bella will have strength in numbers..."

"And Edward. He's not gonna leave Bella alone." Rosalie joked. Everyone laughed a bit.
----

Carlisle pulled the car into Charlie's driveway and they could see Bella sneak outside.

"Dad is waiting for you. Edward called me."

"Called or jumped through your window?" Carlisle laughed as Bella blushed.

"Bye." Destiny whispered walking into the doorway with an assuring smile.

"Thanks for your hospitality, Charlie." She whispered. The police chief nodded.

"Your leave is over tomorrow. We can go in together. This stalker must be worrying you."

"Stalker- Oh, Yes." Destiny corrected as he lead her to the guest room.

"Bell, do you have any clothes for her?" Charlie asks.

"Maybe." She walked away to go find some.

"Charlie, I-" he raised a hand.

"I forgive you. Are you alright?" Destiny gulped and nodded.

"Ok, Bells will bring your clothes. Good night."

"Good night, Charlie." She sent him a unintentionally vulnerable look. He gulped and looked away nodding.