Bloody Noses and Ice Cream (Bonus) (edited)

(Reminder: the next chapter is available for free on Inkitt, link in the bottom of my wattpad bio)

Noah's POV

I awoke to gentle movements on my bare back as my husband softly whispered, "Baby? Time to wake up."

I groaned as I childishly buried my head under my pillow. He chuckled before he pressed a soft kiss in between my shoulder blades.

"Noah," he dragged out in a singsong voice. I didn't respond. I could practically hear him pout. "Baby, you need to get up before you waste the day."

"You sound like my Nonna," I grumbled, my voice scratchy from sleep and muffled by the soft pillow.

"And I will strangle you like she would if you don't get your lazy butt up," he said, giving my butt one good smack as he spoke.

"One more hour," I begged.

He chuckled. "Noah, this would be your third time asking for another hour, and I've given them, but now I have to put my foot down." He placed a kiss on my neck. "Come on, babe. The food's getting cold and I made all your favorites."

I instantly sat up, fully awake, causing the heavenly aromas of the food Madison had prepared to fill my nose. "Why didn't you start off with that?"

Madison smiled before he kissed me, his cleanly shaved face feeling soft against mine. "When did you clean up?" I asked as I ran my hand against his cheek.

"After I dropped the kids off at school," he said as he ran a thumb over my stubbled cheek. "I think you should follow suit."

I rolled my eyes as he smiled. We took turns dropping off the kids every week and this was his week, and since we both worked from home we got to spend the day together, even if we were working. "Did you get them there on time today?"

Madison groaned. "Noah, it was one time!"

"Three."

"Okay, maybe three, but that's beside the point. And yes I did get them there on time." I raised an eyebrow at him. He sighed. "Okay, maybe two minutes late."

I laughed as I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him down onto the bed with me, causing him to let out a surprised squeal as he crashed down next to me. I laughed louder, causing him to laugh as well as I straddled his waist. "Well, I appreciate it nonetheless."

"You better. I've been working on this for nearly three hours."

"And I bet it's amazing."

"Yeah it is," he muttered as I brought my lips to his again. He grinned as he gripped the back of my head and deepened the kiss.

After a few moments, I pulled away with a drunk smile on my face. "I love waking up like this."

"I know you do, so next week you better spoil me or I'm filing for a divorce," he said as he smacked my butt.

"You wouldn't dare," I said as I climbed off of him.

"Try me, Noah," he dared, causing me to playfully roll my eyes as I walked out of our room, dragging Madison along with me. Once we walked past the kid's rooms and we entered the kitchen, I saw the amazing spread Madison had prepared. He hadn't lied, he really did have all of my favorites: pasta, salads, and some assorted meats.

I smiled. "Thank you, my prince."

"Anything for you, my king."

As we started preparing our plates, the kitchen clock revealed that it was nearly twelve. I really had overslept.