XXVI. Inspirations (edited)

"Come on, babe we're almost there," Madison said as he helped me up the final few stairs at the end of the hall that led to his apartment. My legs were still weak and my lungs were burning. My head spun faster than a globe and I was holding on to Madison for dear life.

Sometimes being stubborn and demanding to do things on your own wasn't the smartest choice. Especially when there was a working elevator at the end of the hall.

My right hand grabbed onto Madison's shoulder tighter and I put a bit more of my weight on him. Almost there. Almost there...

When we finally made it to the door, Madison wasted no time opening the door and leading me into his familiar apartment. "I'm so proud of you Noah," he softly said as he continued leading me, my eyebrows knitting together as we passed the couch.

"Where are we going? Babe, I'm tired and I need to rest."

"I know," Madison said as he began leading me toward the bathroom. "But all those nurses got to touch all over you, so it's only fair that as your boyfriend I get the same privilege."

I rolled my eyes though a smile decorated my face. "Why do you have a way of making a bath sound so dirty?"

He laughed as we entered the bathroom. "It's only that way if you want it to be." He led me to the tub and gently set me on the edge before he turned the knob so that warm water filled the porcelain tub. "I missed having this," he softly said as he gently tugged my shirt over my head. "Privacy. I hated having eyes on us all the time. I like it when it's just you and me."

"I like it too. A lot, actually." He smiled up at me before he made a move toward my pants, his eyes asking me the silent question. I instantly nodded, trusting him completely, and before I knew it, I was completely bare before him but I didn't feel weird. If anything I felt safe. Madison knew my boundaries and I knew his. I knew he wouldn't try anything unless I gave him my permission. But that didn't stop his eyes from slowly looking me up and down. "Excuse me, my eyes are up here," I joked causing his eyes to meet mine again.

"You're beautiful," he earnestly said as he cupped my cheek. "Really beautiful." I found myself biting my lower lip in a failed attempt to hide my widening smile. "Don't do that," he lowly said as he used his thumb to free my lip from my teeth's grasp. "It makes me want to kiss you too badly and that's dangerous, especially in the position you're in."

His words prompted a blush to stain my cheeks as I broke eye contact. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him smile before he kissed my temple and hurriedly turned off the water. He grabbed me and slowly helped me into the tub, the warm water soothing my beaten, aching muscles. I let out a sigh and relaxed.

Madison grabbed my towel and slowly started bathing me, his slow, calculating hands feeling amazing across my body. "One day we're going to get out of here. Away from my homophobic dad and your less homophobic Nonna," Madison mused as he ran the towel over my bruised back. "You're going to get into your dream college in New York and I'll live in a trailer in the parking lot waiting to snatch you up between classes." His words caused me to chuckle. The simple action slightly hurt my ribs. "After we both get finished with school, we're going to find a place somehow somewhere then we'll take over the world, you with your writing and me with my coding."

"Oh are we?"

"Yep, and one day when we're ready, we'll have a big gay wedding, super gay. We'll invite RuPaul and Brendon Urie and all the gay icons, and sing Queen songs, it'll be great. Then once we're settled down, we'll adopt a couple of kids, I vote for one boy and one girl but we'll decide when we get there, then grow old together and meet our grandchildren, maybe even our great grandchildren. Then...well, I guess we'll figure that out too."