XX. I Love You (edited)

(I attached a song above for this chapter so give it a listen if you wanna)

Frustration coursed through my veins as I hit backspace on my phone for the fifteenth time. I let out a groan of frustration as I tossed my phone away from me and threw myself back on the bed. I'd been working on my final story for three hours and I was exactly where I'd started: with a blinking cursor and a story waiting to be written. I groaned. I needed to get this story done and I didn't even have an idea of how to–

"Babe, what's wrong? You've been going at it for a while now," Madison asked from his comfy position in his chair next to his bed, his focus on the notebook he'd been scribbling in just as long as I'd been fruitlessly writing.

"I can't get this stupid-not-stupid story done and it's my ticket to possibly getting a scholarship to the school of my dreams and I can't get an inspiration or even a good idea out of this stupid little brain–" I was cut off by Madison throwing a pillow at me. "Hey!" I pouted as I removed the pillow from my face as Madison plopped down on his bed beside me. "What was that for?"

"You complain too much," he playfully grinned. "Give yourself some time and I bet you'll write the best story the world has ever known." I rolled my eyes at his sappiness and playfully punched him on the shoulder, causing him to playfully wince.

"No need to beat a man while he's already beaten," he joked causing me to narrow my eyes at him.

"Not funny."

"Not funny," he sobered up, just as something in his notebook caught my eye.

"What's this?" I asked as I quickly snatched his notebook from his lap.

"Noah, don't–" he started, but was interrupted by me standing up and opening the book just to see a beautifully drawn picture of me frustratedly typing on my phone while I sat on his bed.

"Mads this is–"

"Crap. Complete and utter crap," he said as he fruitlessly tried to grab for his notebook, but I kept it out of his reach.

"It's beautiful," I corrected as I found myself flipping through his notebook, discovering various drawings of me when I wasn't paying attention over the three days I'd been with Madison. Me doing my homework that Connor dropped off for me from school, me fixing his broken front door handle, this morning when I was making breakfast. "Madison, you're amazing at this stuff. How come you never told me you could draw?"

"It's just a hobby," Madison bashfully stated. "It relaxes me when my mind is in shambles." 

I smiled and kissed his forehead. "Well your talent is definitely not one to be ashamed of. One day, you need to teach me how you–" I was cut off by a knock at the door and based on the knock pattern, I knew it was Connor coming to deliver my homework.

I quickly bounced up and hurried to the door and as soon as I opened it, his arms were around me in a hug. "Hey, Con," I chuckled as I hugged him back.

"Hey Noah," he said as he stepped back. "Hey Madison," he greeted as he waved to Madison who'd followed me out of the bedroom which he returned with a smile.

"Sup, Connor?"

"Nothing much," he said as he walked in and I closed the door behind him. "Noah, my man, you're going to be so lost in math. I mean, I'm there in person and I'm still confused."

"I think I'll survive," I chuckled as I took my backpack from him which held my work.

"There's a rumor that the reason you aren't at school is because you got in trouble for drinking or something like that, but don't worry I put a stop to it."