XXVII. Meeting Boyfriend Madison (edited)

"Babe, this is..." Madison trailed as he gripped my phone in his hands, his thick eyebrows pulled together in concentration.

I bit my bottom lip as anxiety pumped through me. "Is that a good silence or a bad one?"

Madison's eyes left my screen and before I knew it, his arms were around me in a tight hug and we fell so that I was trapped between him and the bed. I was laughing as his grip on me tightened, though he was careful not to hurt me.

"Noah, è bellissimo (it's beautiful)," Madison whispered into my chest before he looked up at me. "It's our story."

I smiled. "Sono felice che ti piaccia (I'm glad you like it). I just...I can't finish this story until this chapter of our lives is complete."

Madison ran his fingers through my hair. "I have a feeling that we'll be just fine." He readjusted his body so that he wasn't completely on me before he rested his head on the good side of my chest. He closed his eyes as I gently started running my fingers over the sides of his bare ribs. He had to have been exhausted. Not only had he endured so much with his father, he'd also stayed up all those nights and slept in an uncomfortable pull out bed after everything that had happened to me. He never complained once though. 

I smiled down at his resting figure. He was healing nicely, but even with the traces of pain still etched into his expressions, he looked like an angel. My angel.

If I could draw like him, this would be the perfect image.

Unfortunately, the serenity didn't last long when there was loud, frantic series of knocks at the door. Madison groaned. "Turn it off."

"Babe, I can't." I chuckled, causing him to groan as he buried his face further into my chest.

"Well maybe if we ignore them then–"

"Noah! Madison! Come on, my arm's getting tired," Connor whined from outside the apartment door, causing me to roll my eyes.

"A guy finally has time alone with his boyfriend and now everyone wants to visit," I said only half-joking.

Madison chuckled as he pulled himself off of me and stretched. "You stay here, I'll bring him to you."

"No, Mads, you need to rest. I'll take care of–"

"Sorry, I can't hear you, I'm too busy walking away," Madison said in a sing-song voice as he disappeared out of the door. I sighed. Sometimes he was as annoying as he was attractive.

After a few moments, I heard the sound of the door opening followed by muffled voices. Within a few moments, Connor was standing in the door with Madison right behind him. "Hey Noah," he gently said.

"Hey, Con. Come in."

He did with Madison close behind him. "How are you feeling?" He asked as Madison climbed into bed and resumed his position on me with his head in my chest.

"As good as I can in this condition," I said with a chuckle as I wrapped my arms around Madison. "Are you okay?"

"I've decided to take your advice. I'm taking a nap, but don't let me stop you. You two have some catching up to do." And with that, he closed his eyes and buried his face into my chest. His bare stomach felt good against mine. I started running my fingers through his soft hair as I looked up at Connor who was awkwardly standing at the edge of the bed.

"Come on, Con, sit down and stop treating me like a flower. You know me too well to do that." I grinned, causing him to chuckle.

"I do," he admitted before he sat on the edge of the bed. "I'm sorry, it's just...I've been so worried and I just don't know how to make sure you're okay without stepping on your toes and–"