Chapter 20 : Close to her heart

Impossible.. it's.. too late?

Zhang tried to reach the gun but he can't.. why it seems too far?

Hannaaaaaaa!!

Pang!!

His body froze instantly when he heard the shot.. Hanna..

His eyes filled to the brim of tears, that he thought he started seeing things. Wait.. just now.. Zhang quickly wipe his tears away using his back hand looked down.

W-Who are you?

"It's fine now, I'm here for you.."

A man's voice, masculine body, his frame curling down to protect the fragile and delicate body.

What's going on? Soon, Zhang just realized the door was opened. When did it happened?

"It's okay now, open your eyes.." Hanna suddenly heard the same familiar voice too. She thought she couldn't hear it anymore yet. "Hanna.." The voice whispered again on her ears. Hanna opened her eyes and greeted by warm smile..

The moment their eyes locked, an overwhelming feeling captivating them, like a lover haven't seen each other for ages. The man seems couldn't hold it back anymore, with his strong arms, John pulled her into his embrace tightly!

Hanna was confused. Why I still can see him? I thought, it's over a moment ago.

"I love you Hanna.. you can trust me..so, doubt yourself again."

Zhang's face simply icy and burning with envy! This display of affection before him unacceptable!

"You.."A voice that filled with hatred and jealousy rang onto their ears like knife!

John and Hanna looked up simultaneously and met those dark eyes staring dagger at them. John gave the same stern look right back at him. "Glen Zhang.."

"Don't you.. touch her!"

Click! The tip of the gun was ready for John long ago, aiming right on his skull!

Yet, John Yun's expression remained cold and dark, as he coolly said, "Just you try, we'll see about that.." John challenged him.

Zhang was infuriated beyond words. He hated how unfazed is John Yun, although John Yun knew he's on Zhang's mercy! And as it is, Zhang was already on his limit, he waited no more and pulled the trigger!

"Stop! Don't move!"

Zhang's gun abruptly flung to the back, almost jamming his finger while he tried to shot. A troop of elite forces rushed in and surrounded the room. Suddenly, a middle-age man in military uniform came through from behind the troop and quickly inspected the situation.

"Mr John, are you okay?" Quha spotted John not far from the corner.

"I'm fine."

"We managed to secured this place completely."

"Good.. Take her out of here, make sure she's safe." John helped Hanna to the side and make sure she's out of sight from Zhang. Hanna looked at him completely disagreed. John felt the stare but he ignored her nonchalantly.

It's an awkward moment, but Quha maintained his posture as he had his men to protect Hanna behind them.

"Ha!" Zhang scoffed coldly while watching those people around him. John looked at him with wintered eyes, as no word needed to shows how intense his anger to Zhang.

"I'm pretty disappointed. This is all you got John Yun? You think you can hold me back with your lackeys over here?" Zhang laughed mirthlessly afterwards.