Chapter 8 : The Secrets

Thud!

Someone just barged in the office with stormy steps. There's an obvious frustration displayed on the woman's face.

"Zhang, why'd you let that woman left unpunished? I demand an answer!" Clara lashed angrily.

Zhang unhurriedly looked up and his eyes drawn in coldness and start questioning, "What woman?" His voice dropped in several temperature.

Clara was taken aback with the sudden changes of his voice but she quickly recovered. She said with slightly pouted, "Who else if it's not Hanna! Zhang, isn't this breaking the code of the Golden Red? I heard she had failed her mission, and you didn't give her a proper punishment!" Clara clearly voiced to him her grudge of dissatisfaction..

Zhang replied in devoid of emotion, "How did you know?"

"How? It's simple.. she told me!" Clara lied without batting-an-eye!

Then, he simple shrugged the fact and said nonchalantly, "So, what?"

Clara was flabbergasted with the idea.. So what??

Did he even care about the other members are going to rebels if they know this? Preposterous!

She gritted her teeth as she balled her fist angrily, her nails almost piercing through the ball at her palms. "You really gonna let her go just like that?" She asked in disbelief.

"I had my own judgement and it's none of your business!" Zhang chided her dangerously..

Clara were unpleased, her eyes grimace in livid.. So, he determined to let her be!

Not only she got a scold from her superior, Zhang treated her like a merely-maid! This thought alone made her almost losing her mind!

Clara tried hard to suppress her anger from brimming out her face..

"What's your purpose to come here? If that's all, then leave.. I have work to do." Zhang said impatiently.

Fixing up her face to get to use with Zhang's cold treatment on her, she then suggested boldly, "Let me finish her mission instead of her!"

Zhang narrowed his sharply, "What do you say?"

"You heard me, let me do her job." Clara voice was resolved.

"What are you trying to imply?" He asked with severity.

"I know, my mission is somehow connected with her's, I'm right? That's why I proposed this in order to unearth more information."

Zhang suddenly fell into a serious thoughts when he heard this. Yes, it's indeed linked to her mission..

Clara waiting anxiously for Zhang's response with a gleam of hope. She actually came up with this idea to win Zhang's heart!

The only matter now is to make Zhang believe it her.. Clara had her own evil hidden motive!

After some time, Zhang finally replied, "It's true your mission is crucial to her, but your mission is only to digging up some information about The Star Corp company, not to assassinate a person. Besides, her mission is not suitable for you."

She scoffed mockingly, "She had failed her own mission and you said she qualified to do it? If it's not me, who else could fit this job? Since you excused her from any punishment, why don't you let me in to be fair? Same reason, why you chose to let her go."

In his complications, Zhang thought it deeply..

With this, Clara held her breath in anticipation.. Please, just let me do it!