Chapter 6 : Salt Sins City

Top floor, at The Star Corp CEO's office..

John was busy operating his computer. He went online to search clues for this mysterious woman..

He just couldn't stop thinking about Hanna..

This woman.. she had something with her as well..

John actually noticed that Hanna's possessed same thing as him,which is.. his adoptive father's necklace!

It's a gift to him before his adoptive father passed away..

He had no idea that there's a pair of identical necklaces were existed. From what did he had observed, Hanna wore the other pair of the necklace..

Right then, a certain information appeared on his screen.

[ Name: Hanna Li, D.O.B: 6th July 1993,  from the Salt Sins City. ]

As soon as he read the profile information, he was shocked!

John felt his chest tightened, the heart skips a beat..

What an expected news!

Salt Sin City.. it's the same district where his adoptive father's lived!

And the most shocking truth for John is.. Hanna was born at the same day he was born too!

It's too much coincidence in one simple details!

John tried to calm down and read the data again.. but, it's just as same as he saw before.

Therefore, once again, he tried sort his mind to think logically.

Let's start from the beginning..

Hanna came before him with intention to kill him. Despite of that, she also became a target to this duo assassin, Mareno and Reo. From the records he pulled in, Mareno and Reo's information are found in military database. It turned out, this guys had a bad history with their previous job..

Mareno and Reo are most wanted fugitives, a rebel soldiers that have killed ten armed soldiers and has disappeared after they escaped from the army camp base.

After 2 years of disappearance without traces, this duo suddenly make their appearance in Malsa City, where they assassinated the whole family of the Chairman of textiles company, Trapov Zau.

After their diabolic acts towards the family, once again, they've vanished in the dark night.. It became the talk of the town..

With that, John only could guess that this duo working for an underground organization. If so, this would might help him to aid with his investigation about an organization that he have been looking for so long..

Not to mention.. he was also wanted know, why Mareno and Reo came after for Hanna's life..

On that note, John went to precinct yesterday, but Mareno and Reo refused to give him any information that he wanted.

At least, he knew the woman's name.. 

He suddenly recall about her last night..

He touched the scar on his side neck that still visible..he's still remembered, the unique scent of that woman..

Just a simple thought about her, John Yun's heart suddenly started to racing as he frowned.. He's not sure what's going with his heart..

Maybe it's because her mysterious identity, John felt thrilled and intrigued at the same time to find out more about her!

Of course, it's also has to do with his adoptive father, she might knew something..

Just then, something flashed through his mind and John Yun's black eyes shone in sudden realization!

That's right! 

He knew a place that where he can connect all the dots!

With that on his mind, he quickly took his coat with him and left the company.

...

A black Maserati came to slow down at the certain house..

Hanna stopped the engine unhurriedly and stared the colorful floral backyard..

It's been a long time..

She walked out the car and carefully entered the back door. Once she opened the door with her tools, a splash of dust came to greet her from the ceiling. She shrugged it off as she walked inside..

Everything looked pretty the same as she left the house 14 years ago.. 

Hanna shrouded with complicated feeling..

She then entered her old bedroom. A frame on her night stand caught her eyes the moment she came in.. A family portrait of three, smile happily and beautiful..

Alas, it's just a painful past.. Hanna already lost both of her father and mother.. her family..

As for now, the only person that she treated like a family is Glen Zhang. So, there's no use to kept reminiscing the old days..

Hanna averted her eyes away from the picture and continued to look around the house..

...

"Are you busy?"

John who drove on the highways, replied the person through his earphone.

"I have some business to do outside the Aurora City. Is there anything, father?"

"Come over tonight, it's been a while since you had a proper dinner with us. Your mother wanted to see you so badly.."

John Yun's chuckle as he replied, "I know, make sure to tell mother to prepare just a simple dinner this time.."

His father, Lawson Kir, said in a low voice, " I will. That's all, finish your business first. We'll talk later.."

"Alright."

They both hung up at the same time.

As he put down his phone, he'd arrived at his destination. He looked on his GPS to confirm.

[ 4th Heaven District, Salt Sins City. ]

After a quick scrutiny, he entered the house and tried to open the front door. It's unlocked!

To his surprise, he wasn't expected at all that it's pretty easy..

Regardless, he walked in the house. This house had been abandoned quite long enough that most the part on the house had covered by a white dust everywhere..

John never thought that he came to this place without the owner.. It's his first time..

Nevertheless, he had no choice but to find a clue in here. He walked little further, tentatively and being vigilant. A spacious living room soon came into his sight. There's a giant frame hanging on the wall near the couch. He went closer and studied the picture carefully..

John instantly recognized the middle-age man and woman but not the little girl between them..

He started wondering.. who is this girl?

His adoptive couple never mentioned anything, much less about this little girl..

It's their other daughter? Did she adopted too?

Suddenly, he's struck by a huge comprehension!

Could it be, she is..

Click!

"Don't move."

John's eyes was shook, a familiar tone rang his ears..

That ardent deep voice..

It's her!