"Get outta here," Clay said angrily. "Get your goddamn head right, Ope."

No one saw Macy for a few days until Wednesday when she popped into her parents' house, still in her dark blue work uniform, spouting a phrase no one wants to hear.

"We have to talk," Macy said, taking a deep breath. 

Gemma's face turned and she nodded. "Let me get your father, he's in his office with Jax."

"Oh, great," Macy grumbled.

Jax and Clay joined them in the dining room, taking their usual spots at the table, and Macy reluctantly sat beside her mother.

"What's going on?" Clay asked.

"I just wanted to let you guys know I'm moving in with Shane," she didn't waver or hesitate as expected.

"Lincoln Village?" Gemma asked, drawing her head back. "That's almost an hour away."

"Yep," Macy nodded.

"Why can't he move to Charming?" Clay asked.

"What, into Opie's place?" Gemma asked him with a laugh. "He's already got a nice place," she said quickly.

Clay assumed Gemma was so supportive because of the underlying resentment she carried for years.

"There's plenty of places for sale," Clay said defensively.

Macy rolled her eyes. "His place is great and it's closer to work."

"Mace," Jax sighed, "I think it's too soon."

"It's been a year," she laughed, "And I'm a grown woman."

"I'm very happy for you," Gemma said, reaching to give her daughter's hand a supportive squeeze. "You deserve this."

Macy smiled and nodded, "Thanks, Ma." Looking at her brother and father, Macy shook her head. "I'm sorry but I think it's time I put some space here. After everything last weekend, it's just, it's too tense."

No one said anything for a minute or two so Macy huffed, standing up so quickly the chair squeaked against the floor and left without a goodbye.

"What are you doing?" Clay asked Gemma angrily.

"Me?" She scoffed. "Opie is the one you should be talking to. This happened because he got drunk and manhandled Macy."

"I dealt with Opie," Jax cut in. "You have to change her mind, Ma. Shane is a cop. Dirty or not, he's a goddamn cop."

"I want her to be happy," she said through clenched teeth.

"You want her gone," Clay growled. "After all these years you still see John? You still look at her as John and Maureen's kid?"

"Don't you dare," Gemma shouted. "I never wanted to keep her. I did it for John, when he died," she shook her head.

"Enough," Jax slammed his fists down on the table. "Mom, you need to get over that shit. Macy is your daughter, she's my sister," Jax said earnestly.

"I love her like she was my blood," Clay said quietly. "I don't want her so far with him. They come here, I can keep an eye, fine but I don't want her leaving Charming."

"I don't like him and I don't trust him," Jax said, "But other than that, I agree with Clay."

Gemma stood up and glared at them. "She wants to go? Let her go," she said before storming off.

Macy left one tough discussion, having no idea how heated it would get, and headed to have another. Shane told her just to call or text Opie but she couldn't and she didn't want to. It was a face to face conversation they had to have. She drove to the house, wanting to grab a few things, and was surprised to see he was there. She assumed the conversation would happen at the clubhouse but was relieved they'd have more privacy.