17

"so, you mean to tell me that you fought an Otsutsuki clan member, defeated him, then Naruto saved him and he is still on the moon? And that he was using a destructive do Jutsu to fulfill Hamura's Celestial Decree? Ok. It's all believable. With you lot, anything is possible." Kakashi exhaled.

"hey! We're telling the truth!" Naruto said.

"Yeah, I believe you. I do. It's just a little hard to process it all." Kakashi looked at them with wild eyes. "Shikamaru, I need a full report of all this as quick as possible."

"aw man, another sleepless night." the pineapple haired boy groaned.

The rest of them laughed at his misery, glad that they went the ones in his place.

"the rest of you can resume your normal duties. All of you leave, except for Sasuke and Hinata." he folded his hand and rested his chin on top of it.

"yes, Hokage-sama?" Hinata addressed him.

"you know I don't like being called that. Anyways, I wanted to ask something from you both."

"what?" Sasuke asked, his voice sounded extremely uninterested.

"Will you be continuing your journey?"

"I will," Sasuke said without missing a beat.

"ok, what about you Hinata?"

"I- I don't know." Sasuke looked at her from the corner of his eyes.

Was she really not going to travel with him anymore? Was it because of something he did during the moon mission? Or was it because of something he did before that?

"fine." the man sighed. "I have a mission for you. You need to kill some assassins in the country of lightning. They are extremely powerful so be on your guard. Here, read this and burn it after you're done. You can leave in two days." Kakashi tossed a scroll at them which Sasuke caught.

They still had a couple of days to rest before they had to leave, so they parted ways after reading and burning the scroll.

In the two days that they had, Hinata was with Hanabi and her father, making sure they were alright.

Sasuke hung out with Naruto and Sakura, who had suddenly gotten way less annoying.

They had no contact, the only thing they did have was the glimpse of each other when they were out and about doing whatever they had to do, but no words were spoken.

On the day of the mission, Hinata and Sasuke gathered at the gates early in the morning.

Hinata now had her hair up in a ponytail and Sasuke wore nothing but a simple black cloak.

"let's go," Sasuke said before jumping away. Hinata caught up with him in a matter of seconds but didn't say anything.

They two stayed silent throughout the way. They didn't talk to each other and a slightly awkward atmosphere surrounded them.

"we'll rest here for the night. You can sleep if you want, I'm going out to get supplies." Sasuke said. They were at a small village located near the Country of Rice's border. It was their first rest, and they looked like they needed it.

Hinata nodded and dropped her bag on the ground. She went to the bathroom to take a nice and warm shower meanwhile Sasuke went out in the village to do as he had told Hinata, get supplies.

Hinata thought that she should've gone to restock her supplies too, but right now she was too tired to even stand, let alone walk and carry things.