14

Hinata sat at Hanabi's side. she held the sleeping girl's hand and was lost in her thoughts when her hand was squeezed Hanabi's.

Hanabi, you poor girl. I will find and destroy the Tenseigan.

"Imagine that! Toneri has been hiding in the artificial sun all along!" Shikamaru scoffed.

"But why weren't Hinata or Sasuke able to detect it?" Sai asked.

"Maybe he placed a Jutsu on the artificial moon that deflects the Byakugan and Sharingan too." Shikamaru guessed.

They were soaring high in the air, very close to the sun.

"Where exactly is the entrance?" Sai looked at Shikamaru, expecting an answer.

"well, why don't we just knock and ask them?" The pineapple haired boy smirked and threw a paper bomb tied to a shuriken towards the artificial sun.

"what are you doing!? you've alerted the enemy!" Sai yelled.

"just keep up!" Shikamaru said, going farther ahead.

"What is your plan?" Sai asked as he dodged another beam shot directly at him.

"I'll explain later!" Now, Shikamaru was one of the most intelligent people in Konoha and probably the whole world, but at times like these, Sai had problems understanding how his friend was as smart as he was.

Just as Shikamaru spotted a hole opening in the sun, he turned around and instructed Sai to retreat.

They fought off the enemy as quick as possible and went back to their hideout.

"meals are much nicer when you have someone to talk to. Now please, tell me all about yourself."

Hinata sat in Toneri's dining room. He had called her for some food.

"It's still not too late to negotiate with the shinobi of the earth." She started.

"What?" Toneri narrowed his eyes.

"You're right. For a long time, the shinobi on the earth continue to use chakra to fight each other. But it's different now. Shinobi have joined together to work side by side, to protect our hard-won peace. So-" Toneri cut Hinata off.

"They will simply start another war. The sage of six paths world must be destroyed." He calmly said, taking a sip of his wine.

"But please-!"

"Never bring that subject up again! Just be quiet and eat." He slammed his glass on the table.

The sound of a bell ringing entered Hinata's ears. She looked at the window, only to see a huge island floating in the sky.

"That island..."

"Ah, so it has appeared again. It is the temple of Hamura. Once a year, during the rebirth festival, it comes near the castle." Toneri explained.

Once the lunch was over, Hinata went out onto the balcony, examining the island with her byakugan.

I'm sure of it. The Tenseigan is on that island.

"I'd imagine that Hamura is happy that you personally want to pay homage to him," Toneri said as they entered Hamuras castle.

Three marionettes accompanied them. The woman and two child ones.

I know it. The Tenseigan is here...