4

The next morning, Hinata dressed in a red skater skirt and a white off-shoulder top.

"Are you ready Hinata?" Sasuke's voice rang from the front door.

"I'm ready!" Hinata said as she strapped her weapon pouch on her right leg.

They went out to explore the village. Hinata convinced Sasuke to buy them ice cream but Sasuke's mood was still sour.

"I don't even know how you like such sugary things." He made gagging noises. Hinata had picked vanilla ice cream so Sasuke had gotten that one too, not knowing what else to get and just after a few small licks, he wasn't having it.

"You can have mine. I don't like it." He forces Hinata to take it but Hinata was, later on, happy that she excepted it because she had already eaten hers.

"It's so hot!" Hinata whined. Hinata was never whiny, but with Sasuke, she felt comfortable, even after the shower incident.

But she didn't know that Sasuke was just as comfortable with her. He didn't have to be rude to her because she minded her own business and never interfered what he did, not that he did anything.

"Stop whining airhead, were in a desert, of course it's gonna be hot." Sasuke rolled his eyes at her. He had given her the name airhead because she would be sitting and Sasuke would be telling her something, usually during her training, and she would just be daydreaming or not paying attention.

"Is that you Sasuke?" A voice that Sasuke barely recognized spoke to him.

He looked in front of him to see a man with bright red hair and seafoam green eyes smiling at him.

"Gaara. It's been a long time." Gaara and Sasuke were now something between acquaintances and friends.

"Who is that beautiful lady with you? Your girlfriend?" He teased slightly.

Hinata blushed at the compliment, typical Hinata, and Sasuke felt something in his stomach churn painfully when Gaara called Hinata beautiful.

He never said Hinata was ugly, no, she was very beautiful. She had long, dark blue hair and fair skin. She also possed such eyes that had a lavender tint to them, drawing the attention to her eyes.

"No, I'm not his girlfriend," Hinata laughed awkwardly and looked at Sasuke to say something.

"I'm his travel mate. My name is Hinata Hyuga." Hinata introduced herself when Sasuke didn't say anything.

"Ah! You are the Hyuga girl who got defeated in the chunin exams back when we were all 13 by your cousin right?"

"Yes, I am that Hinata Hyuga." Hinata kindly smiled at Gaara even though he was bringing back old and painful memories.

Gaara's head was pounding. He had never felt such emotion before.

"Are you guys staying here?" He asked.

"No, we are not. We'll be leaving tomorrow morning." Sasuke sneered. He didn't like the way Gaara was looking at Hinata. Truthfully, Sasuke had thought that they would stay at the hidden sand for the week but not anymore.

"It's time for your training Hinata lets go. Goodbye Gaara." Sasuke took Hinatas small hand into his and pulled her to the inn so that he could change and so could she.

They were at an available training ground and Hinata wanted to spar against Sasuke.

"Fine." Sasuke burgundy gave in. Hinata shrieked with joy when he agreed.

"I'm ready!" Hinata yelled at Sasuke.

"Ok. Go!" Sasuke shouted, initiating their match.

No one moved, both of them observed each other's stances, ready to leap at a moment's notice.

Hinatas byakugan was activated and so was Sasuke's Sharingan.

"You lose Hyuga," Sasuke smirked as he saw an opening in her stance. He charged at her in an unbelievably fast speed.

"I don't think so! Twin lion fists!" Two blue lion heads emerged from Hinatas hands. She charged at Sasuke, her fists ready to strike.

She barely skimmed Sasuke's shoulder since he dodged at the right time.

"Is that all you've got?!" Sasuke taunted.

"Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!" Sasuke's surroundings were up in flames but Sasuke switched positions with the rock that was behind Hinata with his rinnegan.

He drew his katana and posed it right in front of her neck so that even a single movement would be her last.

Poof!

"Haaaaaa!!!" The real Hinata punctured the chakra point in Sasuke's arm, rendering him unable to use his only arm.

"I win, Uchiha!" Hinata said smugly.

"Nope." (A/n that Sasuke was a clone)

There was a katana ready to slice the real Hinata's neck. Hinata flipped away and engaged Sasuke in a taijutsu battle.

Sasuke pushed Hinata into the ground and crouched above her, smirking.

"You lose Hinata."

"Now I don't." Hinata did the unexpected and joined her lips to Sasuke's neck in a surprise kiss.

Sasuke felt a tingly sensation go through his body when Hinata's lips connected to his neck. Her hands were on his chest, gripping his shirt.

"Sasuke..." Hinata was unable to say anything when Sasuke pulled her head back and joined his lips to hers. He kissed her passionately, and this time, it wasn't unexpected.

"Nngh..." They broke apart panting heavily. Sasuke was now sure of the emotion he felt for Hinata and she had just fueled it to be ten times stronger now.

"What have you done to me woman." Sasuke glared at Hinata. Hinata was in a state of shock. She didn't know what had come over her to kiss Sasuke in the first place but Hinata was sure she had feelings for Sasuke. She was 100% sure she had fallen for Sasuke, her travel partner.

"I'm really, really, really sorry Sasuke. I don't know what came over me. Please forgive me!" She was reverting back to twelve-year-old Hinata who was shy and took the blame for everything.

Hinata would never change, would she?