- 1.9 ugly russian

Start from the beginning

Erica opens a vent, stepping up to climb in. She turned to the others, "Let's go!"

Dustin turned around before climbing in, not wanting to leave his friends, and especially not Cassie, to be captured by Russians. Cassie immediately yelled at him, "Go!"

"C'mon guys!"

"No! Just get outta here!" ordered Steve, making Dustin look between the vent and his friends. He gave them a desperate look, Cassie peering over Steve's shoulder as she used all her weight and strength to push the door shut. She gave him a reassuring nod and her signature wink. As usual, despite the circumstances, Dustin's face turned beat red at the gesture.

"I won't forget you!" promised the curly haired boy. Cassie let out a chuckle as Robin and Steve yell at the boy once again.

"Go!"

Almost immediately after Dustin disappeared into the vent, the Russians are able to burst through, throwing the three teens into the floor. Cassie landed with a thud and a huff. She immediately stood back up, ready to fight. Before she could do anything, the back of a gun is being slammed into her head and knocking her unconscious.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

This time, Cassie sat on a beach. The sky was a dark red, lightening shinning repeatedly through the clouds. She was in her favorite swimsuit; the baby-blue one that she loved to wear due to the comfortability. She had her legs pulled into her chest, her arms wrapped around them. Her hair fell over her shoulders and into her lap, a blue hairband holding her blonde strands out of her face. She could feel the sand beneath her feet, a feeling that was comforting and felt like home.

She hadn't realized how much she missed the beach. The way that the sky met the water somewhere in the far distance. The way that the waves crashed into shore and washed the sand off her feet. The way she felt while surfing; that was likely what she missed the most. The adrenaline of balancing as the water beneath her curves to its peak. The water crashing over her like a wave of relief filling her body, washing away her worries. Opening her eyes underwater, the opaque blue filter over her eyes making everything seem so much clearer. The water was so inviting that she wondered often what it would be like to have it fill her lungs unforgivingly.

There was someone next to her, sitting in the same position she was. He was a few feet away but Cassie didn't need to look to be able to know who it was. The distance felt fitting considering their relationship in the real world. "Sup, Billy."

"Cassie," said Billy. He sounded almost... sad? His voice held none of the anger it always did, but she heard an edge in it that made her realize it wasn't completely him.

"Are you here to scare the shit out of me too? That isn't going to work," she grinned smugly in his direction. A ghost of a smile played on Billy's face. "And I know you're not smart enough to talk to me in riddles, like that other guy."

"No, I'm just here to talk," he said, looking curiously over at his sister. "What in the world have you gotten yourself into, Cas?"

"You're one to talk," she hummed in amusement. "You're here with me. Maybe."

She wasn't entirely sure it was actually Billy. Could just be her brain pulling the weird shit it had been and showing her the craziest stuff. Billy not being a dick was on that list. Billy turned to her, his eyes shimmering with the glossiness of tears. She turned to look at him, her heart falling. She had never really seen Billy cry.