-3.3 fuck feelings, truly.

chapter thirty-three!

CASSIE HAD NO IDEA WHERE SHE WAS FOR THE FIRST few seconds after opening her eyes. She was at a lake, underwater. She felt herself be lifted into the air, two familiar faces staring up at her in horror from the water. A boy with long hair, who she knew to be Eddie Munson, fell backwards and out of his boat as he screamed. Jason looked up with emotions flickering through his eyes. Anger, sadness, grief, vengeance, terror... Cassie wasn't even sure of how she got there.

And then she wasn't.

Suddenly she was back in the Creel house. None of her friends were there, strangely enough. She looked around, the familiar darkness and cool air of the Upside Down splashing onto her like a tidal wave. Vecna was stood before her, connected to a group of vines as he was lifted into the air. He was released only moments later, staring back at Cassie with his daunting eyes on that ugly face.

Cassie reached into her pocket, happy to find her blades. She held a dagger in one, her trusty switchblade in the other as she stepped towards the monster before her, "Come even an inch closer and I'll kill you, you bastard."

"Kill me?" Vecna sounded almost amused as he tilted his head, taking a step forward. Cassie didn't back down, despite the trembling of her hands and the tears building in her eyes. "You can't kill me."

"Yeah? I can sure as hell try," snapped the blonde, her firm voice breaking throughout her sentence.

"It's almost your time, Cassie," said the man, stepping forward. His hand reached up and caressed Cassie's face with his claw like nail. Cassie snarled, spitting in his face spitefully. Vecna was not fazed. "Your suffering will soon be over, you do not have to worry."

Cassie lunched forward, sending her dagger towards his chest. Her hand is stopped in midair by an invisible force. Vecna grabbed her outreached hand, twisting it backwards and forcing her to the ground. He snatched the blade, snapping it with one hand and letting it fall to the ground. He took her neck harshly in his hands, his nails piercing her skin, "I am not here to harm you. I send you with a message."

Cassie squirmed under his hold, her expression full of rage as she kicked at him to no avail.

"Tell them," he leaned down to whisper in her ear, "Tell them, that they cannot stop me. Continuing to try will make your death much more painful."

Cassie let out a choked scoff, "I... don't... care."

"You may not care about your death," started Vecna, his nasty face twisting into an sick smile, "but they will."

Cassie felt black spots appear around her vision from the lack of oxygen, attempting to gasp for air as Vecna pressed down onto her neck. Cassie slapped at the monster, kicking in a poor try to get free. Vecna's hold never waivered as Cassie felt herself lose consciousness.

Cassie's eyes flew open with a gasp. Her friends were crowded around her as she reached up to touch her neck, her breathing heavy as she gasped desperately for air. She could still feel his vine-covered hand around her neck. There was moisture when she pulled away, and Cassie let out a shaky breath at the blood coating her fingers. Cassie let out a cry, realizing what Vecna did to her in her vision carried over to her conscious body.

"Cassie!" cried Max, pulling Cassie close in a way similar to how Lucas held her the day prior. Feeling her sisters hands around her was suffocating, and the blonde barely even realized she was awake and safe in that moment as she squirmed and pulled away.

"I-I- I can't br-breath," she gasped out.

"Everyone back up," ordered Nancy, pulling her friends back. "Give her some space."