-3.4 needing a cigarette atm

chapter thirty-four!

CASSIE HAD TUCKED THE NOTE INTO HER BAG, then stayed in her car for the rest of the night. She couldn't sleep anymore, nor did she really want to. Instead, she just listened to music and got lost in her own thoughts. It seemed Vecna had enough of her for the night, so it quite peaceful for Cassie to just relax for a moment. She thought for a little while about what her song would be if music could save her too from Vecna. Truth be told, she didn't really have a favorite song. She had several. Blackbird by The Beatles was hers and Frankie's song, and it reminded her of happier times. Heroes by David Bowie reminded her of all of her friends. She's A Rainbow had been one of her favorites for as long as she could remember. Everywhere by Fleetwood Mac was one of her favorites that she had introduced to El. It was now El's favorite, so it reminded Cassie of her. Cassie also thought about how her father would react to her death. Would he be messed up, like he was with Billy? Would it push him over the edge, or be the final push for him to get better. Cassie hoped it was the later.

She had been broken from her long train of thought when she heard the light tapping on her car door window. Cassie had looked over to see Robing motioning for her to get out. Robin had quickly explained that they were going to visit Eddie and deliver some food, to which Cassie had nodded and told her older friend to give her twenty minutes to get ready.

Cassie felt a lot better after taking a very quick shower. The cuts on her neck burned under the water, but the blonde didn't mind. She changed into a baby blue long-sleeve turtleneck and clean jeans. The group took Nancy's car, again, making Cassie sigh longingly for her baby. Cassie went in with Nancy and Robin at the grocery store, mostly just for some snacks for herself.

"So..." muttered Robin as she held the basket. "Cassie. Just for possible future reference, what is your favorite song?"

"Everywhere by Fleetwood Max," answered Cassie, almost instantly. "But Robin, I'm not sure music is going to solve anything."

"Yeah, but I just thought it would be nice to know, just in case," defended Robin, nudging her friends side. Nancy nodded in agreement as she grabbed some chips from the shelf and setting them in their basket. Cassie reached across the aisle and grabbed a box of gummy bears and shoved them in next to the chips.

"I do wonder why you are different than the others, Cas," commented Nancy, a frown on her face. SHe tilted her head, "You have the same symptoms; nose-bleeds, headaches, nightmares, etc. But you've had them for longer, and your connection and purpose to Vecna seems off from everyone else."

"Yeah, that sounds about right," nodded Cassie, "I dunno, I think it has something to do with Billy, but who knows? Maybe the dude just hates me."

"Well, we're not going to let anything happen to you," said Nancy, certainly. Cassie raised her eyebrows, doubting her words but not saying anything. "I promise."

"Can we get me a beer too? I think I deserve it," grinned Cassie. Nancy and Robin share a look before shaking their heads. Cassie groaned. If she was going to die soon, she wanted to have a beer first. Maybe some weed too, if she got lucky.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

Cassie did not, in fact, get a beer. She was actually slightly disappointed, then remembered that she could just steal one of Eddie's if she really needed it. Cassie doubted that Eddie was still at Reefer Ricks- whoever the fuck that was anyways, considering someone was murdered there the night prior. The others didn't disagree, but figured that they should at least check. Plus, they didn't know if Cassie's vision had been happening in that moment, or if it was something that hadn't happened yet but was going to. Dustin had made the point that Eddie would have radioed them if he was leaving, and especially if he had just saw someone get murdered.