-0.3 halloween fun

chapter three!
trick or treat freak!

DUSTIN WAS CURIOUS AS TO WHY he and his friends were the last to be informed of the fact that nobody was wearing costumes to school. Being one of the only four people in the entire school dressed up for Halloween was way more embarrassing than he'd like to admit. Not to mention the way that everyone was laughing and teasing. When did people make these decisions? And why weren't they informed? The whole thing seemed to be completely rigged against them. How could everyone know except them? It was unbelievable.

However, there was one part of this day that he was certain would not go wrong. As Max skated down the hall and Cassie followed cheerfully behind her, Dustin and Lucas closed their lockers and watched after them. They planned to ask the two girls to go trick-or-treating with them, but the doubt began to swirl with the growing embarrassment of their costumes making them stick out like sore thumbs.

"Are we going to do this?" asked Dustin, looking at Lucas in question. 

"Not right now," Lucas replied. "We look like morons."

"Maybe they like Ghostbusters?" tried Dustin, attempting to think optimistically. Plus, his argument wasn't completely invalid; who doesn't like Ghostbusters?

"Of course they like Ghostbusters, but that's not the point," said Lucas. The two boys watched as the sisters stopped at their respective lockers. Cassie didn't even bother opening hers, as she hadn't even brought her backpack with her to school that day. It's Halloween, what's the point of doing anything at school? They were lucky she even showed up. Lucas looked back over to Dustin, "The point is, we are dressed up and they aren't." 

"Well, I didn't bring any normal clothes," said Dustin. "Did you?" 

"No." answered Lucas. 

"Then we have no choice. We got to do this; it's now or never." 

"Right." agreed Lucas, nodding his head confidently.

"Let's engage."

Just as they were about to walk up to them, Max and Cassie close their lockers in unison and walk away, heading to class.

"Well shit."

"We can ask them after class?" Dustin suggests.

"Yep."

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

After class, Dustin and Lucas (after a lot of anticipation and anxiety) approach the two girls at their lockers. They stand there awkwardly, waiting for the girls to notice them. Dustin lets out a little cough to gain their attention. Max and Cassie turn around, making the boy's nerves skyrocket. Cassie smiled when she saw Dustin, and waved.

"Dustin, hey." She beamed brightly, causing Dustin to immediately smile back. He liked her smile. 

"Hi, Cassie." He greets before turning to Max. "Um Max, I'm Dustin and this is-" He points to Lucas, who finished for him.

"Lucas." 

"And I've already met Cassie." Dustin smiled widely and proudly at the blonde-haired girl.