-0.7 ignorance

chapter seven!

"IF YOU'RE NOT out in a hour," begins Billy as the pair climb out of the backseat of his car. Max's skateboard was tucked under her arm and Cassie had her skates in her bag, ignoring Billy as he talked. He wasn't able to finish the sentence he began, as Max cut him off— having had heard it a thousand times.

"—We're walking home, we get it Billy," she said, shutting the door, Cassie standing to the side and picking her nails. Her eyebrows raised at the girls attitude, wondering what exactly put her in a bad mood; then remembered that 1) Max was always in a bad mood, and 2) her and Lucas had fought the day prior.

"Hey, watch the attitude, shitbird," he snapped, making Cassie roll her eyes. His voice sounded threatening, but she knew he wouldn't try anything. He never did hurt Max, not physically. Apparently that was reserved for his dear baby sister.

Billy then sped away, Max sending the boy the middle finger as he did so.

The girls then enter the arcade, their pockets loaded with coins. The two approach their usual games; Dig Dug and Pacman, only to see an out of order sign on not one, but both of the games. Cassie cursed, kicking the machine in anger.

"Sorry 'bout that Road Warrior," said the worker, Keith –read his name tag, to Max, as he crunched on his cheetos. Cassie frowned, wanting to slap the bag out of his hands. One of her biggest pet peeves was loud chewing. She wanted to take the cheeto bag, stomp on it, and punch him in the face.

"What happened?" asked Max, dejectedly and annoyed.

"Short circuit in the motherboard, real bummer," explains Keith, duly. Cassie rolled her eyes, letting out a huff of disbelief.

"On both? Is that even possible?" asked Cassie, although her question goes ignored by the older boy. Cassie scoffed, the lack of attention making her even more enraged by the older boy. She would've kicked him in the balls, but she wasn't sure they'd be a big enough target.

"But fret not, I have the new machines up and running in the back. Follow me," said the high-schooler. He then lead the girls to the back room, the two sharing a look and following. He reaches for his keys, then looks over to Max.

"This is the beginning of every murder case ever," voiced Cassie, shaking her head as she followed her sister.

"Hold these," he tells, shoving the cheese puffs in the redheads hands. Cassie smiled a bit as the man turned his back to the young teens, the blonde taking this moment to spit in the bag; simply out of spite of the annoying boy.

He opens the door, only to reveal the one and only Lucas Sinclair. Cassie smiled at the boy, waving; making him wave back sheepishly. Max elbows Cassie sharply in the side and rolls her eyes, walking over to the boy, Cassie following close behind.

"You better get me that date, Sinclair," reminds Keith, making Cassie wonder what the hell Lucas did to have this arranged. Her nose scrunched up in disgust and pity for anyone that had to be forced to date that lame excuse of a person.

"I said I would," reassured Lucas firmly, although this made Cassie think that he likely wasn't going to.

"Jesus, Lucas. Who'd you prostitute off for this to happen? I'm sure there are much easier and legal ways to have this done," commented Cassie, plopping down in a rolley chair, slouching in the seat as she spins. 

"Keep things PG in here," added the older teen, pointing at each of the teens and winking before leavening the room. Cassie gagged at what he was implying, putting a hand to her forehead and falling back into her seat.