-1.5 girls night

chapter fifteen!

CASSIE WAS SURPRISED TO HEAR THAT El had broken up with Mike. I dump your ass, being her exact words as Max recalled the iconic moment. Cassie had been at El's for no more than ten minutes, and she had been told that El was single, Mike was a dick, and Will was the best guy in the party. Cassie didn't hesitate to agree with the final two statements, making a brief mention that Dustin was a close second to Will. Will had to be the sweetest, and Cassie knew it, despite her deep adoration for Dustin.

Steve had immediately agreed to drop her off at the Hopper residence. He was always more than thrilled to take Cassie anywhere but home. Cassie had to stop by her house anyways, Steve waiting patiently outside while she gathered clothes from her room and walked pass Billy with her middle finger held high. Billy returned the gesture without thought.

It would be an exaggeration to say that her and Billy's relationship was anything close to good but it was definitely less-shitty than before. Their arguments never made it past a punch or two, and Billy did seem to tolerate her presence slightly more. Cassie credited that to Max scaring the shit out him a year prior. He even began buying cigarettes for her when she gave him the money to. They weren't perfect and Cassie knew he was still a racist dickhead, but he was the best he was probably ever going to be.

The three girls laid around El's room, music coming from the stereo. Cassie was laying on the floor, her small bag being used as a pillow. Her Vans were thrown off next to the door and her braids had been taken out of her hair for the night, leaving her long blonde hair wavy.

Cassie remained on the floor as the three girls gossiped about everything that they could. She hopped up suddenly when she heard one of her favorite songs, Bad Reputation by Joan Jett began playing on the stereo. Max looked up from the bed and met the blondes eyes, wide grins breaking out on both of their faces. El, who had never heard the song before, looked between the girls questioningly.

I don't give a damn 'bout my reputation!

"Oh. My. God." grinned Cassie, pulling both of the girls off of the bed and onto the floor with a smile. "This is my shit."

"Our shit," corrected Max, the three girls dancing happily to the song.

Living in the past, its a new generation.

"And a girl can do what she wants to do, and that's what I'm gonna do!" shouted the sisters. Cassie grabbed El's arm and spun her around, making the brunette giggle happily. The happy sound caused a flutter in Cassie's stomach. By the end of the song, El was laughing loudly and singing the more common lyrics of the song along with them. Cassie felt proud that the girl had been introduced to amazing music.

After the song ended, the girls danced to one or two more before El sat down on her bed and Cassie flopped down next to her, the two looking through magazines. Cassie begins flipping through the pages, bored and uninterested in the boys. El stopped her at one page, however, her eyebrows raised and her mouth slightly agape. Cassie nodded her head in approvement.

"Ralph Macchio," grinned Cassie upon El's questioning look.

"Macchio?" asked Eleven, amused by the strange name.

"Yeah, the Karate Kid. Hi-yah." said Max, joining the two on the bed. She mockingly karate-chopped the bed, making El laugh. Cassie shook her head, slapping Max's arm away.

"And the Outsiders. Although, Ralph cannot compare to Patrick Swayze or Matt Dillon," sighed Cassie, dreamily. Max laughed loudly, knowing that Cassie's current favorite actor was Matt Dillon because he was so hot as a bad boy in the Outsiders. "I swear to god, Matt would probably be the best kisser ever."