-0.8 weird fuckin' creatures

Start from the beginning

"Who the hell were you talking to?" asked Billy, drawing Max away from her thoughts.

"Mormons," lied Max, pulling Cassie away from Billy and towards their room, "Talkative ones."

"Real nice people, easy to make convo with. I'll be praying for Mr. Matt's sick wife," continued Cassie with an enthusiastic nod, her voice trailing off as Max dragged her away.

Max quickly moved to the window, Cassie shutting the door behind her when they enter the room, Lucas stood there, waiting patiently. Max climbed out first, Cassie following behind as she not-so-gracefully landed roughly on the ground. Max snorted, Lucas holding his hand out to help her up. She doesn't take it, and instead pops back up on her feet and brushed herself off as if it didn't happen.

"Cassie, do you have a bike?" asked Lucas, Cassie nodding as she pointed across the yard. Lucas then turned to Max and tells her to get on the back of his. She does so without hesitation.

"This better be good stalker."

The two waited for Cassie as she grabbed her bike, muttering to herself the entire time about being a third-wheel.

𓈒⠀𓂃⠀⠀˖⠀𓇬⠀˖⠀⠀𓂃⠀𓈒

"I said medium well!" shouted Lucas, as the trio biked into the old junkyard. Cassie was only a few yards behind the other two and had to deal with their dumb flirting the entire time there. She was about ready to cut her ears off and gouge her eyes out. Something about watching a boy flirt with her sister made her want to throw up.

Dustin looked over as Lucas waved, noticing that Cassie and Max was with him. He couldn't help but grin at the sight of the girl he had formed a crush on. Cassie biked over to him before stopping. Dusting goes to say something, but is cut off by her holding up a finger signaling for him to wait.

"Hold on, I am burning up. I was wearing a sweater and I didn't have time to take it off because Lucas was in a hurry but after biking all the way here I cannot breathe in this thing," She rambled as pulled off her brown sweater that was paired with some light denim baggy jeans. Under the sweater she had on a light blue tank-top. She sighed in relief, taking a hair-tie off her wrist and pulling her hair back into a low ponytail to keep it out of her face. "Okay, go ahead."

Dustin smiled, "Hey."

"Hi."

"I like the shoes," he commented, pointing down at her feet. Cassie looked down with her eyebrows furrowed, then let out a laugh. She was wearing one black converse and one blue. In the rush to leave her house, she hadn't even noticed she put on two different shoes, just noted that they were both converse.

"That was totally on purpose."

"Uh-huh."

Cassie looked around them, taking in the sight of the junkyard. "Cool spot. Wait-," she paused, "Why the hell are you with Steve?"

𓈒⠀𓂃⠀⠀˖⠀𓇬⠀˖⠀⠀𓂃⠀𓈒

Cassie wondered if all labor could be this fun if monsters were involved.

The blonde was helping Steve and Max board up an abandoned school bus while Lucas and Dustin stood apart talking about who-knows-what. Cassie was joking around the entire time, leading Max and Steve to silently bond through fond annoyance towards the girl.

Steve eventually got frustrated at the boys, turning to yell at them as Cassie tried to get Max to sword fight with her, using a piece of metal as her shield.