Chapter 51

My head is on Hero's chest during our film. His skin smells nice and it's very soft. I love stroking his abs. His arms are tightly wrapped around me.

"You're distracting me!" He scoffs.

"I'm scared," I admit. "I need distraction!"

"I can tell! Every time something happens you jump!" He laughs.

"You know, I was thinking.. maybe you can come to Belgium for Easter?" I pause the film and look up at him. His eyes are wide with surprise.

"Are you sure? I mean, do you really want me to?" His voice unsure.

"Yes. I want you to meet my family and friends and I want you to see my life." He smiles and it's like the world lights up. It's a smile I've only seen once before, when I finally told him I wanted to be with him too.

"I would love to! Did you tell your parents about us then?"

"No," I admit. "I should probably tell them soon!"

"I've told them about you," he proudly says. "Oh you should come visit them over the Summer! I have two weeks off from shooting!"

"I am a bit intimidated to get to know your family," I say while my cheeks turn pink.

"Why?"

"I don't know... What if they don't like me?"

"My mum will adore you!"

"Okay, let me know when you have time off and I will come."

"I love this... making plans for the future." He plants a kiss on my head.

"I'm ready to watch the rest of the film now."

"Why do you even want to watch this? You're scared as hell!" He laughs at me.

"Because I love cuddling you!" I say with a broad smile.

"You dork!" he mocks me but I can tell he loves it.

We must have fallen asleep because we wake up the next morning in the same position. Something has woken me up and it takes a while before I realize it's Hero staring at me.

"Stop being so creepy!" I whine. "Why are you staring at me?"

"Because I don't want to lose you." His voice is hardly there.

"You won't. Why would you?"

"What if something happens?"

"What could possibly happen?"

"What if someone comes between us?"

"That's too many what if's! They won't if we don't let them."

"Char, there's something I need to te-" he gets interrupted by a knock on my door. I give him a small kiss on his full lips and a soft bite in his lower lip before getting up to open the door. It's Lizzie.

"Good morning sweety!" She gives me a hug. "Hero, are you decent?"

"How do you even know I'm here?" He asks while putting on jeans.

"Because you're never in our flat anymore!" She walks in and gets a seat on my desk.

"You're never there either!" Hero laughs.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Did you guys want to watch the shooting stars tonight? We were thinking of taking blankets and food and stay up all night."

"Oh, can we see shooting stars tonight? I didn't know!"

"Yeah, apparently there'll be a lot and Bute Park will be open all night!"

"I want to come!" My face lights up with excitement when I look at Hero.

"Sure, sounds romantic," he says with a tiny smile. He's been a bit off since I told him my story so I hope the shooting stars will cheer him up.

"Cool!" Lizzie claps her hands. "Stefan and Killian are coming too. Let's meet in the kitchen at 8 pm."

"Why don't I cook for everyone? We can have a meal here first and take snacks and drinks to the park?"

"Yes! Thank you! I love your cooking!"

Lizzie says goodbye to us and I turn to Hero.

"What did you want to tell me baby?"

"Nothing, it's fine."

"Oh, tell me!"

"I forgot," Hero says and he places his hands on my cheeks to place a small kiss on my lips. I completely forget about everything and I lose myself in our kiss.