~Seventeen~

::::

Han Jisung:

Hyunjin and I have shared a bedroom ever since he moved in with my family. Sometimes it can be a pain, like when he wakes up in the middle of the night, or when he wants to redo his half of the room, or when he's in a mood and I'm not allowed inside. But I deal with it, because sometimes this is all he has.

When Hyunjin lost his parents it was a really bad time. I was still able to see, able to see how devastated he was. We were only in kindergarten, so he didn't really understand what would happen. The reality was, he would have to get sent over to a foster care if any adult found out and hopefully get adopted.

My parents were close friends with Hyunjin's parents before they passed. Mom and Dad didn't want their friends precious little boy having to go through that at such a young age, so we let Hyunjin stay with us.

I was, and still am, thrilled to have my best friend live with us. Even if sometimes he seems more like a brother then a best friend. That can be good and bad depending on the situation.

We didn't adopt him though. We don't know if it's...'illegal' to keep him here when he technically isn't my brother, but who cares?

Anyway, we share a room. This time, it was me who woke up in the middle of the night.

I have been thinking for awhile. I've been blind for ten years. I haven't seen the beautiful world, my friends faces, and my amazing boyfriend's face for a whole decade (minus Minho, I've never even seen him!).

I haven't been able to see my parents, my homework, my house, Hyunjin, tv, everything for so long and I hate it. I hate it so much.

I miss it.

I woke up and started crying. I miss being able to see. My life is so much more difficult now. I want to know what Hyunjin looks like now. The last image I have of him was from first grade. I want to know what Minho looks like, my own boyfriend. It's just not fair, what did I do to deserve this?

I sat up on my bed and rubbed my teary eyes. I have no idea if it's late in the night or almost time to wake up for school. All I know, is that I'm awake.

I must have woken up Hyunjin, because soon I heard him limp over here - he doesn't wear his boot to bed so it must have hurt walking without it - and felt him sit on my bed and wrap his arms around me. He rested his head on my shoulder.

"What's wrong, Jisung?" He asked with a heavily tired voice.

"Just missing the world," I answered and started crying again. I heard him sigh.

"I'll text Minho." He told me. I was going to tell him 'no', but I really wanted his comfort right now. Minho makes me feel ways that I can't describe. It's just his hugs, his weak voice when he speaks, his laugh, his presence makes me feel better.

"What time is it?" I asked him.

"3:00AM," Hyunjin replied.

I frowned. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Ji. Don't worry about it. Minho is awake. He's on his way."

I didn't think about the current situation much, just because I feel horrible right now. I just hope Minho walking in the dark alone is okay.

Hyunjin unwrapped his arms off me and limped back over to his bed and sat down. He probably won't be able to fall asleep the rest of the night.

I flopped back down into a laying down position and put my hands over my face. I let out a heavy sigh.

I really want to see again.