4.3

Loella pov

I sat down next to Avery and Malfoy as we were informed that the sorting would start soon. All the new first years stood in a large group seeming to be nervous and waiting for them to be sorted.

It reminded me of my first day here, it was the day I had met Riddle. The way I was closed up to everyone and my lies, so see through but still everyone would believe me. My point of view has not changed yet, and I had no intentions in becoming this annoying normal girl that acts all soft all of a sudden and won't even take the time to really look listen or think.

My focus shifted back to the kids and I could easily see where everyone belonged in. For example, that girl that was most behind, nervous and fiddling with her hands, looking around to take everything in before she would make a judgement about this all. The way her big brown eyes looked so innocent, yet mysterious. She looked at people with interest but not much kindness radiated off of her. They way her clothes looked so perfect and neat indicated to the fact that her parents were probably very strict, and had high expectations. Ravenclaw will be her house.

She reminded me a bit of Myrtle.

'' Hey Ella, you up for a game?'' Avery asked while putting an arm over my shoulder. I wanted to slap it away, but found no reason to explain myself with if I did so.

'' Sure, what game?'' I said.

'' After every kid is called to come up to the chair to be sorted, we'll guess in which house they'll belong.'' He said. What a coincidence.

'' Okay, it looks like they're going to start.'' I said and for some reason I looked in front of me and saw Parkinson being all over Riddle. It looked like he wanted to kill her, but could stay remotely calm. We made eye contact and he glared at me. I was not sure if it still was from this morning, the fact that Avery his arm was around me and I had not yet made an attempt to push it off, or that I was smirking at Parkinson her pathetic attempt of flirting and I did nothing to help.

I decided that I could do something about the last one and spoke,

'' Hey Pansy, are you up for it too?'' I asked sweetly.

Her head shot up and with a dumb expression on her face she asked,

'' What?''

I wanted to roll my eyes, but luckily Avery started to explain it quickly and Headmaster Dipper requested us to be quiet.

First a boy with blonde hair and blue eyes was called

'' Hufflepuff.'' Everyone said at once.

Just because he looked kind and goody-goody did not mean that he was.

'' Tom, Loella, what do you think?'' Parkinson said.

'' Gryf-'' I started.

'' Yes, Gryffindor.'' Riddle interrupted me.

We waited for a minute and listened to the hat.

'' GRYFFINDOR.'' It shouted and the red table stood up and clapped loudly.

'' How did you know that Tom?'' Parkinson asked while batting her eyelashes at him and touching his arm.

So far the loyal friend act. We have had multiple conversations with the subject of me and Riddle, and how there is this certain ' romance' involved. Just to help us both out, so I don't have to see her flirting and touching him all the time, and she won't bother him.

'' You could smell his pride miles away from here'' he mumbled.

I didn't want to look at Riddle his direction anymore, because Parkinson kept being touchy and flirty and he made no attempt to shove her away whatsoever.