3.5

Tom pov

My eyes caught the sight of the empty chair of headmaster Dippet and I did a few steps back from the girl in front of me.

'' Wait here.'' I told her and walked away in a quick pase. I knew for a fact what way the old headmaster used every day again.

I was meaning to ask him something that was important for me. I walked outside, knowing that I would come across him. His daily morning walk is actually useful now.

Let the acting begin.

'' Good morning, sir.'' I said casually.

''Good morning, Tom. Aren't you supposed to be inside eating breakfast?'' He replied.

'' I have already eaten my breakfast, sir. I just wanted to clear my head.''

'' Alright, can I help you with something?''

'' Actually, I was meaning to ask you something.'' I said in the same polite voice as always.

He nodded his head, meaning for me to go on.

'' So I was wondering,'' I started, '' students are allowed to stay in the Christmas break, because their parents are not at home, or because they want to. Could it be possible for me to stay in the summer break?'' I asked.

He looked worried and pained at the same time before replying,

'' I am afraid I can not say anything with certainty. I am not even sure if the school will still be open before the summer. There has been a murder in this castle. An unsolved murder. I am sorry Tom, but if nothing changes, the answer will be no.'' He said.

Of course he would say something like this. This is what Loella had told me the minute she found out. I can most certainly not just hand in myself as the murderer.

That means I have to frame someone.

Or rather, something.

'' I understand, thank you sir, have a nice day.'' I said and before he could reply I walked away.

I had to close the chamber of secrets.

I walked into the school again to the girls lavatory.

Just as I wanted to enter the bathroom, I heard that wrecked voice behind me.

'' You do know that that is the girls lavatory, right Tom?''

I closed my eyes for a few seconds and sighed.

'' Yes, I must've mistaken this for the boys lavatory.''

'' After all these years that you attend this school?'' he asked with that annoying glimpse of suspect in his eyes.

'' It can happen to everyone, sir'' I said, trying to stay calm.

'' Myrtle's ghost is here.'' He said as if it was the most casual thing ever.

'' Oh really, does she remember anything from the one who might has murdered her?'' I asked.

'' Unfortunately no. If you find out anything, I trust we will be informed.'' He said.

'' Of course, sir. I will go to the boys bathroom now.'' I said and walked away.

That idiot. Always in my way.

I walked past a large wooden door, and heard someone talking. the strange thing was that no one replied. I heard a sound that sounded like a something that was being locked.

I muttered a spell and opened the door with a large slam. I saw the big oaf, Hagrid, a third year, was standing in front of a large wooden chest.

He looked terrified. As if I was about to discover his secret.

He had all rights to be.

Loella pov

'' Myrtle's ghost is here.'' I heard Dumbledore say.

Her ghost? That's interesting.

I was wondering to whom he was talking to, but seconds later I heard the second voice.

'' Oh really, does she remember anything from the one who might has murdered her?''

That was definitely Riddle. What an awful coincidence. I walk in to a conversation between professor Dumbledore and Tom Riddle.

'' Unfortunately no. If you find out anything, I trust we will be informed.''

I almost wanted to snort. As if he would turn himself in. He would frame someone for sure.

Someone innocent. Someone who does not deserve it.

Who will forever has to face the consequences of Riddle his mistake.

'' Of course, sir. I will go to the boys bathroom now.'' I heard him say.

Oh that's right. He is in the girls lavatory and is caught by no one else than his favourite teacher.

Very amusing if you ask me.

I heard his footsteps, and saw that as my cue to take a look.

Dumbledore's back was facing me. It took a few seconds before he started to move and he walked away.

Oh how nice life can be.

I entered the bathroom, and saw indeed a wining ghost.

'' Hello Myrtle.'' I said.

'' Loella! You came to see me?'' She asked.

'' Of course I did.'' I said.

And that was one of my biggest mistakes.

I heard her talk about her revenge plan for Olive Hornby for hours.

Guess I do my homework tomorrow.

A\N

I made a mistake in the last chapter, I meant summer break instead of Christmas break.

Anyway,

Don't forget to vote, comment and add!!❤️