Chapter 30, Part 1: What Do You Even Know About Love?

Vin's pov:

I wake up to a loud noise outside the door. More particularly Isis's voice.
I rush outside trying to decipher the commotion.

There, in the middle of the hall, Isis and Cass stand, face to face, shoulder to shoulder like two dudes high on testosterone arguing about something.

'You can't be serious Cass, you trust this boy more than me?!' Isis asks exasperated.

Cass sarcastically replies 'Oh I don't know Isis, I just saw you threatening my boyfriend to break up with me. Then should I stop trusting my eyes?'

Isis scoffs as if not believing that's actually happening.

Jake stands beside Cass trying to calm her down meanwhile Ernest tries to control Isis's temper. Most of the people were now out of their rooms, trying to put the peices together, like me.

'So you will be trusting this lying peice of shit?!!' Isis points at Jake.

'I will be trusting my eyes and my boyfriend. And don't act like you are the victim here. I know you. I know all of you and I know what you are capable of doing!'

'Cass...' Isis breaths out. But I can't tell if she's upset or angry, she good at hiding.

Cass looks at her with such hatred which I have never seen before, not even when they would bully people.

'I know you've never liked Jake cause he ruins your perfect reputation. You want me to whore around just like you and Archer. And what do you even know about love? You can't even love your parents much less a person'

That seemed to be the last blow. Isis looks dead into her eyes for several seconds. Not for once blinking.

Then something in her eyes changes. Like she has decided something. Something which is not good.

Isis shakes off Ernest's hand 'Yes, you are absolutely correct and for your boyfriend...' she looks over at Jake '...my words still stand' she says it with such a voice that I feel the goosebumps on my hands.

I don't know what Jake did. But it has seemed to piss off Isis. Even though Isis gets pissed off at small situations, this time it has blown big to the point that the once inseparable best friends are fighting.

She goes inside the room where Archer was sleeping at and comes out with her bag. The audience stand stunned at the situation not knowing what to do.

Isis walks out of the door not even glancing back at Cass or Jake.
Ernest does try to stop her but she throws him a look which clearly read that he better not mess with her.

I was also concerned about where she was going but I stop when I see David's number flash on her screen. If she's with David then she will be fine. I don't wanna get her angry now.

One by one the crowd disperses after the drama wears off. Jake leads his distressed girlfriend to their room and Archer comes out looking tired, not a clue of the storm that passed by.

It wasn't long before he too was updated about the situation. I can't really tell what he's thinking right now. Two of his bestfriends have gotten into a huge fight and he has to choose whose side to take. That's one hell of a decision.

Instead of showing any curiosity about the case Archer first calls David to check on Isis and when he's certain that she's safe he goes out to talk with Mark about the car situation.

He may not be the stupid guy I thought him to be. He handled the situation more maturely than us.

I may have to retake my AP classes.

'I don't know what's going on..' Ernest addresses his concern.

'Me too dude. I hope...'

I trail off not knowing what to say.
The only thing that I gathered from their conversation is that Isis has threatened Jake to breakup with Cass and Cass accidently eavesdropped.

I don't know if I should believe it or not. Isis's wouldn't stoop that low, would she?
But who knows, the situation at Royal did make me rethink things.

.

After all the heat settled down we bid farewell to Mark and Garry and board the car for the trip home, this time two people less.

After Isis stormed out I had just been holed up in my room. I tried to talk to Jake but he always turns away from me.

The thing which happened last night with Archer and now with Jake is just making my head spin.

The atmosphere in the car is little too heavy but no one wants to address it. We all just wish to reach home now.

Archer and Cass seem to be a little angry and lost and Jake just stares out of the window.

I am once again in the drivers seat but this time Isis isn't sitting beside me. I do miss her a bit. I have seen her angry and frustrated often times but I have never been a part of it before.

I guess they're not living the perfect life after all.

.

Dear readers,

It's been a long time since I've published. My work got deleted twice and I had to rewrite it.

And I really didn't to write the last chapter. So there's a part 2 of chapter 30.

Thanks for giving me motivation my 'number one fan' 🌺
I'm not mentioning your name but you know who I'm talking about.

Dears and fields,
Liza