Chapter 27: Bonfire And Confession

You are allowed 5 emotional minutes in a day,
Then you gotta be a gangster.

.

'Vinny I wanna go too'

So thus we began our journey too. I took a small duffel bag along with my swimming shorts and Chrissy's swimwear in it with some snacks for Chrissy, a bug repellent a towel and a swimming tube which Miss Jane packed.
After Melissa came to know that the two siblings have taken off alone she hurried after them mumbling something about how crazy they are.

Archer, Ernest, Chrissy and I were walking ahead while Cass and Jake where close behind. After walking for a few minutes Chrissy insisted on climbing onto my lap.

'She really loves you' Ernest observes.

'Umm...yeah' I reply.
Honestly I am a bit uncomfortable in front of Archer, I am not sure how to talk with him yet. Still trying to figure out if he hates me or not.

After walking for a few minutes and listening to Archer and Ernest converse about some hidden facts about the forest, my hands give up and I place Chrissy down to take a rest.

Ernest notices and offers to take Chrissy but she refuses, clinging onto me more.
'Sorry Ernest, Chrissy doesn't trust people easily' I try to be as polite as possible.

'It's ok' he waves it off.

'Chrissy why don't you you let Ernest give you a ride till my arms get better? Ernest knows stories about birds' I try to convince her.

'Birdzs?' she asks in an innocent way and glances towards Ernest.

He nods 'Yes Chrissy I'll tell you stories about birds'

She slowly inches towards him and at last agrees to go with him.
We start walking again, now it won't be long till we reach there. The harsh sunlight peirces through the tall trees. Ernest and Chrissy walk ahead of us and Archer and I walk beside each other and every minute it was getting more awkward.

'Chrissy loves you' Archer attempts to make conversation.
'Yeah'

Archer sigh as if there's something he wants to tell me, Jake has the same habit so I wait patiently for him to form the sentence.

'Listen, I have seen how close you and Isis are...'

I defend 'We're not that close'

He narrows his eyes 'I have eyes you know. She listens to what you say and trust me when I say that she doesn't listen to anybody. You both act like a married couple...'

That's not true! We don't act like that! I think in my mind.

Archer continues '...and I hate to say this but I think you are good for Chrissy and.....Isis'

'W-hat?! I thought you hated me?!' I ask surprised.

'I do hate you. But more than that I want Isis to be happy. I hate your friend too but I accepted him because Cass loves him'

'That's nice to know...? But there isn't anything going on between Isis and me. We are not even friends...'
He completely neglects my words and strides forward to walk besides Ernest.

.

We soon reach the pond and find Isis and Levi already there.
The pond was breathtaking. It connected to a small waterfall and had clear glass like water. I have seen these things only in movies.

I put Chrissy in her swimsuit and tube and let her enjoy near the clear water. Soon after Isis and Levi join her, teaching her how to swim.

Ernest and Archer were already ready in their swimsuits showcasing their perfectly sculpted bodies.
'You didn't change?'