Chapter 12: Let's have dinner

I have seen old men with a mindset worse than a prisoner and teenagers with a mindset as beautiful as god ~ Your age doesn't define your maturity.

-

The amount of light the house is emitting is enough to make someone blind. I get off the car and fix my outfit. Archer turns the engine off and comes out.

'Wow! Looks like she really went out of the way' Cass looks around and admires the fancy lights outside my moms friends house.

'Yeah looks like many people are invited' I smile at the thought. The more the merrier they say.

Meanwhile Archer opens up the extra bottle of cheap alcohol and passes it to me. I drink one gulp and sprinkle some of it on my clothes. Archer and Cass won't need it, they are already wasted.

'But you know that Miller girl is pretty' He smirks. I shrug 'Maybe you could take her in our side and dump her. It would be fun to watch'

Archer chuckles 'Sounds exciting'

The hallway was decorated with expensive items, as expected. It lead us to the ball room which was more lavishly decorated. What was this party for again? Whatever, who cares.

People of high class littered the dance floor and talked in whispers among themselves, most likely judging eachother. Surprisingly not many people were present, only the top most circle were invited. Maybe that's why my mother was so desperate to make me come.

People don't turn and glance at us when we enter, so I take a glass of some unknown liquid from the waiter and throw it on the ground along with the glass. The shattering glass catches everyones attention and they turn around to look. Even the pianist stops playing. To normal people with a basic common sense this may look absolutely ridiculous but to people like us it's totally common to throw a glass here and there to attract attention.

Mrs White, the highlight of the show comes forward hurriedly with her daughter and a waiter in tail, she looked glamorous as always in her royal blue gown. She scrunches up her face at our choice of clothes for a formal party but hides it expertly and gives us a fake smile. 'Oh! You came!' She joins her hands excitedly 'I thought you would never come'

I decide to humour her 'How can I not?'

Her smile wavered. 'Ah you bought friends! Please do enjoy the party, the more the merrier right?' She nervously tries to divert the attention away from us. 'Won't you introduce your friends?'

I just stay silent.

Seeing her like this is quite funny, one minute they are so confident and boastful and the other minute they act like there's a freaking time bomb in front of them.

But I must say, White family's security system has improved a lot, the clip of Mrs White hooking up with her driver was hard to achieve. And my dear mother's, dear friend is absolutely terrified of the consequences that the little endeavour will bring to her. So you can probably guess why she was fretting so much.

It's going according to the plan, so far so good.

Mr White comes out from wherever he was all this time and joins the little family reunion which will probably be his last one.

'Isis, you are late, I thought you were going to miss out on our anniversary' he slides his hand on Mrs Whites waist, holding her lovingly. But you see, rich people like them don't do love.

'Greetings Mr White. I totally forgot its your anniversary. I guess I have a habit of forgetting useless things. But nonetheless I have a gift for you..' I pass him a CD 'I would like it if you share it with your guests'