Chapter 28, part 2: Runaway

Physically I'm here.
Mentally I'm in a pool in Bali ordering my third Mojito.

.

Vin's Pov:

I put on my glasses and search for my phone.

It's nearly dawn, who's calling now?

I check my phone and see Levi's name flash across. I quickly pick it up thinking that it must be something important.

'Hello?'

'Vin? Sorry to disturb you like this but did Isis tell you where she was going?' he seemed out of breath.

'No, why?' I switch the table lamp on.

'She-she's not home yet and she left her phone here'

'What?! Did you check her car?' I quickly get out of my bed and put on a shirt.

'Yeah but it's not there. Do you think she drove somewhere? But her hand is broken'

I remember the last time we talked. I told her some pretty hard stuff.

'Alright, hang on. I'm coming'
I quickly scribble a note and attach it to the refrigerator for my mom to see. It's raining heavily so I drive my father's car to Isis's place.
I hope she didn't get in an accident again.

On reaching I see Archer and Cass already present.
Cass was trying to console a weeping Melissa who kept saying that it's her fault that Isis went away and Archer was making numerous calls to the police station hoping to find her car.

'I hope she didn't get into an accident like last time' Levi rakes his hands though his hair in frustration.
'We can find her, I don't think she has gone far' I try to sound convincing.

'Her car is found!' Archer shouts.

'What?! Where?!'

'Not far from here. But they're saying it's empty'

'Empty?' Levi exclaims with dread in his voice.

Empty could mean a lot of things. It could mean she couldn't drive the car in the rain so she abandoned it, or the car broke down or she was abducted.
The former would be better. But thinking about the latter fills me with an unexplainable anxiety.

'Where is the car found? We can go check there' I ask Archer.

'But they are saying it's empty. The squad has already checked all the areas surrounding it'

'But we can check it again. It's not possible that she didn't leave a clue'

'What if she's kidnapped?! She was kidnapped many times before' Levi exclaims.

We all fall silent at his words.
It's possible, there's a high chance she's kidnapped. She's a popular figure in the industry, a model and the daughter to a famous businessman. People can be just looking for an opportunity to kidnap her.

'It's all my fault. This happened because I drove her out of the house' Levi says with tears in his eyes.

Come to think of it I was the main reason she left.

'No, it's my fault. I'll go fix it'
I hurry out and get into my car ignoring Levi and Archer telling me to stop. I don't think I can bear the guilt if something happens to her. Yes, she always causes trouble but Chrissy can't live without her, nor can Levi.

I drive the car into the location her car was found. There were still police around. Normally police won't interfere till 24 hours but in this case a high society member was missing so they have put all of their effort into it.