Chapter 21: Mr Potbelly

I got stuck on you like any beautiful thing that causes heart palpitations and regret.
-Kat

~

Vincere's POV:

The fire ran out of the small party and the couple in the sidewalk were long gone.
Isis still sat there counting stars or whatever she was doing.

After sometime, when the last of the partying teenager vanished, Isis stands up and puts on her boots.

She looks at me like she has forgotten I was still there 'What are you staring at? Let's get going'

I quickly divert my eyes when I notice I was staring at her and clear my throat 'Yeah, let's go'

We silently walk up to her car, honestly this is the most awkward and comfortable silence. Why is it that when I'm with her I always feel two completely different emotions?

The silence is awkward and I want to say something but I am afraid I will say the wrong thing. So I just keep quiet.

We get into the car and I start the engine. Isis seems to be comfortable in the car surfing through her cell phone but then why do I feel so awkward?

'Focus on the road' Isis snaps.

'I am'

'And don't you dare tell anyone about this or else I know how to hide a body' she warns.

I deny immediately 'Of course I wouldn't. Why would I want to tell anybody that I was with you?'

'Well then why were you staring?' she retorts.

'I was n...'
Before I could complete my sentence I notice two police cars blocking the road. I stop the car at their signal.

The three police officers peek at our car's window and I open the glass.

'What's the matter officer?'

The burly old officer glances at Isis and replies 'There has been report of teenagers smugling drugs around here'

'And what does it have to do with us!?' Isis snaps. I raise my eyebrows at her and try to tell her not to disrespect a police officer or else it could get us in trouble.

She completely ignores me and continues 'Clear the road right now'

The officer narrows his eyes and signals the two officers to come forward 'Now that I look at you, you do seem to look a lot like the culprit. Show me your ID girl and you too' he motions me.

I was just about to take it out but Isis had other plans 'Why should I show my ID to a low life like you who has nothing to do other than catching innocent civilians?'

'What did you say?!!!' The old man seethes at her words 'Come out! Come out right this instant!!!'

Isis was just about to unlock her door when I hold her hand and pull her back 'No don't do this! He's a police officer. Let's just show our id's and go home' I plead.

'I don't have my ID with me right now which makes me a potential culprit. I'll just go to jail for disrespecting an officer than for snuggling drugs' she shakes off my hand and unlocks her door.

Just what have I gotten myself into?! Why is there no moment of peace with this girl?!!!

~

Isis's POV:

I stare at the filthy peice of metal box sitting in the middle on the small jail. Are they serious about locking me up here?

I scowl at the police officer 'Have you ever heard of cleaning? Do you expect me to stay or even breath here?'
I look towards the police officer whom I had a fight with 'Hey you, hey pot belly! Can you hear me? Get me a clean room'