Road Trip I

We mature with the damage not with the years.

.

Next morning as per the plan we were decked up in the car, on our way to Royal.

To avoid getting lectured by my brother we set sail early in the morning. Chrissy was sad about staying back alone but Levi was bringing her along to Paris with Melissa for his honeymoon.

Was I a bad sister to let Chrissy accompany a newlywed couple to their honeymoon?
Yes.

Was I feeling bad about it?
No.

This trip is everything I ever wanted. My two best friends, a long trip and a crazy night at Royal.

But the only problem here is Hanna, Archer's new girlfriend.

'Babe, do you think this colour goes well with my face?' she points, no shoves, her hot pink nails towards Archer's face.

'Yes, absolutely'

'Yeah, people say I look like Barbie' she giggles at her own joke.

'Like plastic?' I snicker and the atmosphere becomes awkward.

Oh, I thought she was telling a joke. Nevermind. I put on my head phones and lay back.

Jake was driving and Cass sat beside him, looking at him once in a while with a big smile on her face. Archer and Hanna were seated on the next seat and behind them Vin and Ernest. I took the last seat because I wanted to enjoy the back view of the road.

I stare at Vin's back as I have nothing better to do.
He was looking out of the window.

Even though I couldn't see his face I could sense that he was excited. How can someone's back look so....handsome?

After 2 hours of endless driving we arrive at a small cafe. I stretch out my sore legs and back for siting constantly for 4 hours.

The cafe was so tiny, I have seen nothing like it before. To accommodate in that tiny cafe the tables and chairs were tiny too.
Except for a middle aged man dining in one of the tables, there were no customers.

We all sit down at the table and look at the menu. There was nothing much on it, just some pancakes and bread.

'This place is shit, they don't even have food. Can we go somewhere else babe?' Hanna says.

'But it will take like another two hours to find a decent place' Jake answers.

'Gosh we are all rich. Can't you arrange something?'

I purse my lips 'What do you want me to do? Open a restaurant for you right now? Or drop it from the sky?'

'Or maybe we can call the construction workers and ask them to build a restaurant in 5 minutes cause princess Hanna is hungry and she doesn't wanna eat from a cheap cafe' Cass laughs along with me.

'Ok, how about the ones who want to eat from here can eat and the ones who don't can wait another 2 hours till we arrive at the city?' Ernest suggests killing all the fun.

'Sounds like a plan. Let's order then' Jake nods.

'I'll wait in the car' Hanna trots away in her high heels. Seriously, we are on a road trip not a fashion runaway.

After ordering a simple meal of pancakes we all board the car again.

'So where are we staying for the night?' Cass asks.

'We are not staying anywhere. We have to keep driving' I answer.

'But won't it be tiring?'

'No, if we don't drive fast we won't reach'