Selfish Idiot

"There is a myth, that I discovered while researching the Phantom Ruby. It said that if two people have a connection through the sunset, they are the two people who will destroy the Phantom Ruby once and for all. It said that those are the two people who will save the world from the masked beast." Tails said dramatically.

"The masked beast?" You and Sonic say in confusion. But you knew who it was straight away.

"Infinite." You say, sweat forming on your forehead. "We have to destroy him! Come on Sonic let's go!" You grab his arm but he didn't move an inch.

Sonic looked at you with distress. "It's too late. We have to make a plan, contact the others, make another army, it'll take a long t-"

You released your grip from his arm and felt rage moving in you. "Didn't you hear Tails? He literally just said that we are the only ones who can defeat him. Are you even paying attention?! I better off just fight him myself, I've done it before and I've succeeded. I don't need you, you, selfish idiot!" You yelled at him and walked towards Tails, "here Tails, I don't need this..." You put the Wispon in his hands and take one last look at the blue hedgehog, then you walk out of Tails' garage, slamming the back door.

"Sonic, what happened?" Tails looked at Sonic, "do you guys have a rough relationship?"

"No, I'm gonna be back..." Sonic left and chased after you, he was calling your name over and over again and you finally say something.

"What?!" You yelled, he looked into your eyes and you saw fear in his, you also saw tears forming in his eyes. What have I done? I didn't mean to make him upset...

"Please stay..." he said, you just stared at him, turned around and walked away. He fell to the ground, punching his fist into the beautiful green grass, wrecking it in the process. "No!"

You were already a few miles away from him, and you didn't turn back. He was still there, oh how badly you wanted to turn back. Does this mean he likes me? Like, in a romantic way? Nah, I bet he's just using me for power...