Prologue

Misfits. To call them by any other name would be unjust. This collection of people was nothing more than a bundle of tools for his personal gain. Endeavor laughed to himself. He'd thought quirks to be pointless until someone wanted to take his away. Now that he had an enemy to face and power to hold...he just had to use it.

Using people isn't difficult. He'd done it all his life. He'd used his children, his wife, as stepping stones for the future. His future. The future where he stood out on top. He created the comic books, forging them into a makeshift reality. Now it was time to go back on his initial thoughts. It was time to prove to the world that superheroes were real, even if he wasn't one.

Each member of this league has a collar around their neck. Only the patients have ones with electric collars. The doctors have a button that can kill them at any time, as does Endeavor. This was just the beginning to the strange plan that would cause the world to understand the meaning of the word 'quirk.' It was also a neat way for Endeavor to control and monopolize his subjects. Each of these patients (and doctors alike) had a code name.

Explosion. Red Riot. Sora Blue. Dabi. IceyHot. YinYang.

Each one suited up and ready for the mission. "Remember, your collars can either electrocute you or blow your head off. Listen to my orders," Endeavor's voice rang in each of their earpieces.

"Right, right," Dabi shrugged it off. His costume, surprisingly enough, wasn't a costume at all. This was the most honest he'd been with himself in years. Every day up until this point had been the real disguise. All that elaborate make-up to hide his true disgusting appearance. Now with no makeup at all and a stitched leather trenchcoat, he was hardly recognizable.

"Where is subject Harley?" IceyHot asked, whispering into his mic. He and Red Riot were the only ones wearing real disguises. They had the most to lose if found out.

"In the location specified. She should be appearing at any moment. Dabi is the one to make contact, understood?" Endeavor explained.

"Dabi?" Sora Blue grabbed Dabi's hand. He was wearing the gloves the doctor had given him. "I'm coming with you."

"Best not," Dabi muttered back. "We wouldn't want him zapping you for the smallest of reasons. Which is something he totally would do. Ah," Dabi lifted the mic back up to his mouth. "Harley is spotted. Making contact." Dabi kissed Sora Blue's forehead before exiting the shadows. Harley waved to him, smiling an eerie grin. The buns in her hair bounced up and down as she waved with her entire arm above her head.

"Welcome to the yakuza, darling," she wrapped her arm around his head and grinned next to his ear. "I hope you don't mind that you'll have to stay a while."