Off Duty: Eri

"Why the hell did you bring back a child with you? I wanted files, damnit," the father of the Todorokis slammed his hand down on his desk as his face flared with rage. Flames enveloped the room and Eri, terrified, hid behind Touya. He'd had to lather his face in makeup before entering here. It shocked her to watch him do it. She could hardly recognize him even though she'd seen every step of the process. The collar was all that registered for her. 

"She is a key ingredient to the cure you're seeking," Touya explained. Eri grabbed the bottom of his shirt and clutched it. 

"What is that supposed to mean?" he threw all of the documents on his desk off and stood up, flames surrounding him and moving halfway across the room. 

"I-It's t-true!" Eri took a step in front of Touya as if to protect him. She spread out her arms and closed her eyes, determined to protect him. Even though she didn't know a thing about him, she felt as if she had to. "M-my q-quirk-" 

"You're so brave, Eri," Touya knelt down and picked her up. He carried her out of there and closed the office door, even though the yelling continued and he could feel the back of his clothes as they were set on fire. He placed Eri down and tore off his shirt quickly, throwing it on the ground to stomp on it. The makeup melted off of his back and neck, burning his skin. 

''Are you okay?" She asked, reaching out her hand even though she was still shaking. "This is nothing." 

"It looks like it hurts..." 

"Don't worry about it," he smiled. 

"B-but..." 

Touya moved his hand to pat Eri on the head. "It's okay. Why don't we get you to a place that's a bit more comfortable than my living arrangements?" 

Eri stared and shook her head. She wrapped her arms around Touya and clung to him. "No..." She was determined to protect him from everything even though she knew she couldn't do much. 

"My little brother is a lot more friendly than I am..." Touya tried to sell it. She shook her head and clung to him tighter. 

"You and Blue..." she said. 

"Me and blue?" Touya repeated. "Oh, you mean Sora Blue?" She nodded repeatedly. "You want to stay with us? That could be difficult. He isn't allowed out." 

"Then..." Eri frowned. "Can we visit?" 

"Are you sure you want-" Touya sighed. He wasn't going to win against her. "Alright." 

"Really?" she smiled. 

"Yeah..." 

"Is that your child?" Shouto asked, pointing to Eri. "I thought you were in a relationship with-" 

"Ahhhaahaha," Touya cut him off. "You're quite the joker, aren't you?" he laughed. "Do you really think I have the time in my busy life to have a daughter as old as she is?" 

"I don't think I've ever seen you with a woman before," Shouto grabbed his chin as he thought. He couldn't remember a single time. But, then again, it's not like Touya had anywhere to go outside of working here. 

"Shouto," Touya shook his head. "Don't you think you're worrying about this too much? This girl is from the mission I was sent on yesterday."

"Mission? What mission?" 

"You weren't notified about it?" Touya stared, confused. "I thought we were the only ones still interested in doing them. I didn't think it was specifically for us..." 

"Does that mean he has special plans for all of us now?" Shouto frowned. 

"I imagine so...but..." Touya walked toward his brother and grabbed his arm, moving his hand down to his to slip something inside it. "Insert this into the collar..." he muttered, walking away. Eri followed behind him. 

...

"Why did you bring her here?" Tomura pointed. 

"Blue!" Eri ran forward and hugged Tomura even though he was sitting in the corner of his cell. 

"Eri?" Tomura wasn't sure how he should react to this. He hadn't been hugged by a child ever in his life. She was so terrified of him before. 

Touya sat down in the chair and winced when his back made contact with his chair. He then leaned forward. 

"What happened?" Tomura asked. 

"Father dearest didn't take our present too kindly," Touya explained. 

"You got burned again?" 

Touya nodded. 

"That bastard," Tomura cursed. "You won't have to put up with this much longer." 

"What do you mean?" 

"When the collars are hacked there isn't anything he can use against you. The others can surely help you fight him..." Tomura suggested. 

"You want me to get help to kill my own father?" 

"It's not that bad of an idea," Tomura shrugged. "You shouldn't have to put up with him like this. It's not right."

"Who is going to take care of this shit storm facility?" 

"That's a problem for the future..." Tomura leaned his head up against the wall and closed his eyes. 

"Overhaul," Eri suggested. 

"What?" Touya asked. 

"As long as I'm here you can make the drug. And then people who don't want quirks can live normal lives..." 

"You don't have to do that..." 

"It's okay," she nodded. "It's okay."