Mission Two: Collar Management

"Hey, you see these things right?" Keigo looked over his shoulder to Toga. 

"Yeah, they're kind of hard to miss. Are you an idiot or something?" she giggled. 

"It's just," he scratched the back of his neck. "Someone definitely couldn't." 

"How do you know they weren't just pulling your leg?" Toga raised an eyebrow. 

"Because he was a doctor?" Keigo shrugged. 

"I wouldn't trust the doctors if I were you," Dabi slapped his hand dead center in the back of Keigo's back. Right between the wings. "Haven't you heard? Those people are trained to get you to think you're crazy.

"Isn't that exactly the opposite of what they're supposed to do?" 

"When it comes to quirks," Dabi shook his head and shoved his hand into his pockets, "you really can't-" he stopped talking and grabbed his throat, trying to dig his fingers underneath the collar. "Fuck!" he growled, coughing. 

"That doesn't look too good. Are you bleeding?" Toga stared. 

"Why is yours attacking you?" Tomura knelt down next to Dabi. "Do you think he has something to do with it?" 

"I-" Dabi could barely speak. "He wants me dead..." 

"Who the fuck?" Keigo knelt down too and Toga went to go get the only one she knew who was good with technology. He glanced up at Tomura and just then realized they had similar neck collars. "Why do you have these things?" 

"Should we tell him?" Tomura asked Dabi for confirmation but of course, he couldn't exactly respond. "I suppose he can't hear us from here so it should be fine..." Tomura scratched his arm. "We're being forced to do this. To get information from you. Personally, I don't think you guys are particularly bad but if we don't do this these collars will blow." 

"Then why is his squeezing?" Keigo pointed.

"Do you not recognize him?" Tomura slung a hand over Dabi's shoulder and then pointed with his other one. "Their faces aren't that different with or without make-" Dabi lifted his hand to cover Tomura's mouth. 

"Sora Blue...we have a mission..." 

"As far as I'm concerned, our mission is to get this thing off of your neck." 

"But..." 

Tomura covered Dabi's mouth with his hand. "Do you want me to disintegrate your tongue? Shut up," he snapped. 

"Are you two together?" Keigo looked back and forth between them but neither one answered. Toga returned with the individual she'd mentioned before. 

"So...what's this?" Goggles were on her face and she practically forced Dabi to the ground. "Oh this is a nasty contraption indeed." 

"Can you take it off?" Tomura asked. 

"I would have to spend a lot of hours investigating the code. It's unique for each one of these bad boys," she grinned, looking forward to it. 

"We don't have a few hours." 

"That's fine," she continued to grin, glancing up at Tomura. "There is a small thingy right here I just have to insert another thingy here and then..." she continued to mutter and the collar lit up for a moment. Dabi felt as if he could breathe again. She pulled a couple of small chip-looking like things out of her pocket and handed them to Tomura. "Insert these into everyone's collar and I can get them off. I promise." She gave him a thumbs up. 

"Is it really so simple?" Tomura looked down at his hands with the objects inside them. "I don't think I should be holding these..." 

"They'd get taken away from me rather quickly..." Dabi sighed. "But we need to get our information out of here fast or we won't live to see another day. This is a ticking bomb," he moved his finger underneath his collar once again. It hurt." 

"What sort of information do you need exactly?" Toga crossed her arms. 

"I don't think they're people we can't trust," the technology freak shrugged. "My name is Hatsume, by the way." 

"They would've sold us out the first time, probably," Keigo sighed. 

"We need to give them something significant but also insignificant," Chisaki's voice rang down the hall as he walked closer to them. The soles of his shoes made a loud noise as he walked. "Eri," he pushed the girl forward. "You can take her." 

"What's a kid have to do with any of this?" 

"Her quirk," Keigo muttered, looking at the ground. 

"Is her quirk what gave you the drug in the first place?" Dabi glanced down. 

"Eri," Tomura shoved the chips full of code into his pockets and knelt down to eye level with Eri. He stared at her and smiled slightly. "You're a brave girl, aren't you? We're going to have to take you with us. Is that okay?" He held out his gloved hand for her to grab. She took it but her body was shaking in fear. Her arms were bandaged heavily and she looked as if she would fall over in terror. 

"Alright," Dabi knelt down and picked her up. "Let's get out of here then." 

"See you again," Keigo waved. 

"Hopefully, for your sake, you don't see me," Dabi snickered.