Off Duty: Confessions

"What the fuck is that?" Katsuki asked, staring at the small piece of technology within Eijirou hand. 

"It's to help undo the collar...or so Touya told me." 

"Touya?" Katsuki's eyes flared slightly. 

"Dr. Todoroki..." Eijirou clarified. 

"Oh." 

Eijirou took a step forward but he was a bit too close for comfort. Katsuki took a step back and bumped into the wall. "Could you hold still?" Eijirou asked, examining the collar closely trying to find out where he was supposed to insert this. 

"I'm not really good with this kind of thing..." Eijirou admitted, grabbing Katsuki's shoulders to try and steady himself as he tilted his head to look. 

"Give me that!" Katsuki snatched it out of his hand and shoved it into the collar. 

"Is that where it's supposed to go?" 

"Who the fuck cares?" 

"But...it's your only chance to get it off. You should be more careful." 

"Shut up," Katsuki frowned. 

"Okay," Eijirou was tempted to apologize but he said nothing. 

"Are you going to get away from me now?" 

"Oh...right," he laughed awkwardly and took a seat in his chair. "Do you have anything you want to talk about?" 

"Who the hell would want to talk to you?" 

"I'm actually an okay therapist..." Eijirou sighed.

"Fuck talking about feelings and shit. It's not going to get me out of this place." 

"Right..." Eijirou leaned back in his chair and stared at the ceiling. He didn't understand why he liked Katsuki. He was really blunt and rude but maybe he just had a type? Or a degradation kink? He closed his eyes to think about it but no ideas came to him. Why Katsuki? Why did he have to like Katsuki? It wasn't going to go anywhere. He didn't even know the guy's sexual orientation because he never talked about anything. 

"Hey," Katsuki grabbed Eijirou's face and hovered above it. "What are you doing?" 

Eijirou opened his eyes only to see Katsuki's staring right back into his. He felt nervous but was too frozen in place to move. "What are you doing?" Eijirou asked. 

"I've been wondering this for a while but..." Katsuki stared. "Why do you style your hair this way?" 

"Because it looks cool?" 

"It wasn't always this way when you first got here. Wasn't your hair black? And down all the time?" 

"You remember something like that?" Eijirou wasn't sure if he should feel excited or depressed. 

"I've seen you basically every day for a considerable amount of time now. Why wouldn't I notice something so drastic as your hair changing?" 

"Oh, you have a point there." 

"E-" 

"Eh?" Eijirou blinked. 

"Ei--" 

"Ei?" 

"Eri, I heard there was a kid named Eri running around. Have you heard anything about her?" 

"Oh, something about she is the secret ingredient to the cure that Mr. Todoroki has been looking for." 

"A kid?" Katsuki frowned. "That's a bit much." 

"I think it has to do with her quirk." 

"What is her quirk?" 

"I have no idea," Eijirou shrugged. "That's all that I've been hearing about he-" Katsuki leaned down and kissed Eijirou. Eijirou was too stunned to really do anything about it. He wasn't sure it was actually happening to him. It wasn't until Katsuki's lips actually moved away from his that he grabbed Katsuki's head and pushed his face back down. He kissed him this time, without being frozen like a rock.

"Eijirou..." Katsuki muttered upon finally being released. 

"Katsuki?" 

"I like you." 

"Are you sure that's not just because I'm the only one you've had a proper conversation with in a long time?" he forced a laugh. 

"I've always liked you." 

"W-what?" his cheeks turned pink. 

"Even when I was trapped in that weird jacket. I always had a good look at the small window in the door and I would see you walking by to talk to patients. You seemed really into your work and I thought it was cute. I would look for you specifically all day waiting to see if you were going to walk down the hallway. And then, one day you ended up walking through my door. I got so excited even though I couldn't talk because of that shit they put in my mouth." 

"That's..." Eijirou didn't know how to respond. 

"Creepy, I know," Katsuki stood up straight and went back over to the special space in the wall he always gravitated toward. It was where he was tied to for so long that he felt connected to it in some way. 

"It's not creepy!" Eijirou assured. "I think it's actually kind of cute..." 

"Cute?" Katsuki's face flushed. "Maybe you're the one that belongs in this place, not me." He pointed to the ground and then gestured to the room. 

"Sorry..." Eijirou apologized. "Wait..." he pointed to Katsuki. "You just used my name didn't you?" 

"What? No, I didn't." 

"Yes, you did! You said my name instead of calling me shitty hair or something!" Eijirou grinned. 

"I didn't," Katsuki huffed, lying.