chapter 33

Riley

"Good morning my sweet sweet girl." Mommy said rubbing my back to wake me up. "It's time to get up."

"Moning Mommy." I said rubbing my face into Leo's ears. "I to seepy to ake up."

"Not even to see Grandma and Grandpa?" she asked "They are already downstairs ready to go."

"Eally!" I said sitting up with a smile "I et up!"

"Thats what I thought." She said pulling me out of my crib and getting me ready.

"What we doin today Mommy." I asked as we walked downstairs.

"I don't know sweetheart you will have to ask your grandma and grandpa." She said setting me down at the bottom of the stairs.

"Granma!" I said running into her open arms when I walked into the kitchen. "We go now granpa?" I asked.

"You have to eat breakfast first." Mama said setting a bowl of applesauce and cup of fruit in front of me. "You don't have to eat all of the fruit, but you do have to eat all of the applesauce." she said before I could complain.

"Okay." I said opening my mouth when grandma brought a spoon to my lips "Whater we doin today?" I asked.

"We thought we could go to the park for lunch." she said laughing when I clapped my hands with excitement. "But we have a surprise for you before that."

"A surprise?" I said with a smile "Whats da surprise?"

"Well it wouldn't be a surprise if we told you would it?" grandpa said as I finished up my breakfast "how about we hit the road so we can get there sooner."

"Have fun baby." Mama said kissing my forehead and buckling me into my car seat.

"Here's the lunch." Mommy said handing her a backpack "And remember she's ale-"

"Allergic to artificial grape" Grandpa said with a smile "We know sweetheart."

"Okay." Mommy said with a sigh "Also her migraine meds are in there, she gets a-"

"She gets a fever before she gets a migraine." Grandma said with a laugh "This isn't our first rodeo dear, we raised 3 kids already remember."

"I know." Mommy said "I just worry."

"It's a mother's job to worry." Grandma said "But we'll be fine! And we'll call if we need anything." She said as we pulled out of the driveway.

"Now you tell me where we goin?" I asked as we started driving down the road.

"How about we give you a hint." Grandma said laughing when I my head really fast "We are going to the mall."

"Dats a bad hint granma." I said with a sigh. "Dere's ots of stuff dere."

I was almost asleep when we pulled up to the mall and excitedly reached out to grandpa when he opened my door.

"Let's go." He said with a big smile, leading me into the mall and throughout the store until we stood in front of a store I had always wanted to go into.

"I don wan to granpa." I whispered into his neck, which obviously wasn't true. "We go ome now?" I said peeking out at everything going on around me.
"Why don't you want to Sweetpea?" Grandma asked rubbing my back.

"Nobody itlle." I said looking at all the kids running around me "dey jus eally ittle."

"There are some big kids over there." Grandpa said pointing at 2 teenagers in the corner.