chapter 15

"Look who I have." I said with smile as I handed Riley Leo and sat down on the rocking chair in her nursery. This wasn't exactly how we wanted to introduce her to the room, but it would have to do for now. Dana had called down and had someone put in the room for Riley before we got here. It was a purple dinosaur themed room. With a changing table, crib, rocking chair, and a ridiculous number of toys.

"Hey baby girl." I said as I rocked her back and forth "everything is going to be ok." She continued to cry as she looked up at me and showed no signs of stopping.

"Here I made her a bottle." Dana said as she walked into the room and handed me the warm milk. I tried to put the nipple in her mouth only to have her bury her head into my chest. "How about her pacifier."

"No." Riley said as she started to sob louder and clutch Leo to her chest.

"She's never had a seizure and been little before." I said patting her bottom and rocking her back and forth as Dana looked at me with wide eyes. "She's scared and doesn't know how to handle it." I didn't either and was beginning to panic as Riley started to cough and choke through her hysterical tears.

"Ok baby." I said sitting her up and patting her back "I'm gonna try something." I pulled off my bathing suit cover and pulled Riley back onto me. Riley was still in her swim suit top giving us a lot of skin to skin contact. I felt Riley's tears on my chest as she hiccupped and curled up against me. "There we go." I said rubbing her back and taking a deep breath of relief. I gasped slightly when I felt Riley suckle on my breast. I had always wanted to breast feed with our little but when we breached the topic with our first one she seemed kind of disgusted. It made me scared to even bring the topic up with Riley.

"Riley." I said quietly brushing my hand through her hair. "Do you want to try some of Mommy's milk."

She looked up at me with tears still in her eyes and her cheeks slightly pinked. "Es peas." She whispered. I took a deep breath before I reached up behind me to untie my bathing suit top and let my breast fall out in front of Riley.

She looked at me shyly before I whispered, "Go ahead sweetheart." I held the back of her head and positioned it against my chest and waited for her to latch onto my nipple. I felt tears fall from my eyes when I felt her lightly sucking and smiled as I felt her body fully relax against mine. I watched as her eyes got heavier and heavier and she finally lost the battle to sleep. I decided to change her into a pull up and pajamas before I set her in the crib grab the baby monitor and walked down stairs and found Dana.

"She's asleep and will be for a while." I told Dana with a sigh as I wiped the last of my tears. "She wanted to breast feed." I said to Dana when she looked at my tears with concern. Dana hugged me for a few minutes before she led me into the kitchen.

"So I totally screwed up." Dana said pointing down at a pile of Riley pills. "I forgot to put her pills in her applesauce this morning."

"Well" I said with a sigh. "Now we know how important it is that she takes those medications."

"That's all you have to say." Dana said in a monotone voice looking at me with doubt.

"Well what do you want me to say Dana?" I said throwing my hands up "Yes you screwed up. Yes you should have put the pills in her breakfast. But there is nothing we can do about it now. And it was a mistake baby we all make them. But this is a mistake we have to learn from and never make again."

Riley slept through both lunch and dinner and Dana was so upset that she spent the rest of the day pacing through the house waiting for Riley to wake up. At around 6 o'clock I heard Riley start to stir in her crib, so I made my way upstairs.

"Hey pumpkin" I said as I pulled a heavy-eyed Riley out of her crib and she laid her head on my shoulder. "How you are feeling?"

"I hurt Mommy." She said as I laid her down on the changing table to change her pullup. I clipped her pacifier to her pajama top and popped it in her mouth before I sat her up.

"You're probably going to be a little soar for bit, but it will go away soon." I said picking her up and putting her on my hip I handed her Leo before we walked out of her room and downstairs. "Are you hungry baby? I can make you some chicken nuggets." I asked

"No tank you. I no hungry." She said with a yawn before her eyes got big and she pointed to the living room. "Woah."

I stopped in the entry way to the living room and smiled at the giant fort that Dana had created while I got Riley ready to come down stairs. I set down a wiggling baby who crawled into the entrance of the fort and giggled when she saw Dana sitting on the inside setting up a movie.

"Hi baby." She said pulling her onto her lap. "how are you."

"I okay." She said with a smile looking up at the twinkling Christmas lights surrounding the blankets.

"You work fast." I said as I crawled into the fort and sat next to them.

"Yeah well I had to do something to occupy my mind. I was starting to go a little crazy." She said

"She's okay Dana." I said looking at Riley as she sat on Dana's lap watching the beginning of the movie "Look at her for a second. She'll be tired for a while, a little bit soar, and probably a bit confused. But she's okay and that's all that matters."

"Ook Mamma!" she said with a smile as she looked back at Dana "It ion King! Ook at baby Simba!" she laughed. I watched as Dana smiled and laid back into the pillows with Riley still sitting on her lap. So the first day of our vacation kind of totally sucked but kids are resilient right!

So I know this chapter is kind of slow but I thought I would finish out this "event" before I started focusing in the next chapter! Thanks to @Alfrr12 for the idea for these chapters! Talk to ya guys soon!