chapter 42

Riley

"Wake up! wake up! wake up!" I said running into my mom and ma's room to wake them up.
"Riley it is 7:30 on a Saturday morning" Mom said with a groan pushing me off the bed smirking when I gave an indignant yelp "go away before I feed you to the sharks."
"There are no sharks here!" I said jumping on the bed and sitting on her back "we have to get up now."
"Is the house on fire?" Ma said looking up at me with a smile.
"Nooooo" I said with a grin as Mom pushed me off of her again.
"Is an asteroid hurtling at our planet and going to collide in the next 10 minutes" she asked with a yawn.
"No" I said with a raised eyebrow.
"Then I'm pretty sure we have time to get a little more sleep." She said lifting up the blanket and making room for me to lay next to her.
"But Ma." I whined.
"Come snuggle with me my love" she said smiling as I curled up next to her with a sigh.
"How do you always do that?" I heard Mom grumble as my eyes got heavier and heavier.
"Because I'm Mama." She said kissing my forehead and pulling me closer.

The next time I woke up I was in Mama and Mommy's bed by myself. I grumbled to myself as I crawled out of their room and ran downstairs.
"Hey sleepyhead" Mommy said when she saw me standing in the doorway. "After this morning I didn't think you would sleep this long."
"We ave to go Mommy." I said seriously catching her by surprise "ere is Mama."
"Mama ran to the store, but she will be back any second" she said when she saw my distress "Where do we have to go sweetheart?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.
"We ave to go to arnival." I said with a nod.
"To arnival? She asked with a raised eyebrow "what is an arnival?"
"Arnival Mommy!" I said in frustration "where we meet." I said throwing my hands in the air. I plopped on the ground when she looked at me with a blank face until I heard the front door open and ran to Mama with a grin.
"Mama!" I said with a smile "we ave to go to arnival!" I said in frustration.
"Why do we have to go to the carnival?" She said looking at me with a confused smile.
"It ere Mommy and me meet!" I said with a smile.
"Carnival." I heard Mommy mumble under her breath "how?" She asked looking up.
"Because I'm Mama." I heard Mama whisper pointing at herself with a grin. "We can go to the carnival" she said with a smile "is that why you woke us up the morning?"
"Es" I said with a smile "I so escited!" I said running to the door to put my shoes on.
"Sweet pea" mama said calling me back "you have not had breakfast or meds or changed out of pjs yet." She said smiling at me when I ran back into the room.
"I fogots" I said with a smile as mama took my hand and started upstairs.
"How about Mommy starts breakfast and I will get you ready for the day "deal?" She asked with a smile.
"Deal" both mommy and I said as we walked upstairs.
"You are very excited for the carnival aren't you sweet girl" mommy said as we sat in my rocking chair so I could nurse "you are so wiggly." She said smiling as she pat my bottom. Normally I loved nursing but today I just wanted to be done. "Okay, okay" Mama finally said standing up and walking to the closet "what are we wearing today?" She said laughing as I grabbed the first outfit I saw I jaded it to her as quickly as I could.
When we finally made it downstairs mommy fed me my medicine filled applesauce and bowl of oatmeal so mommy could pack the diaper bag and we could finally leave.
"I so escited Mommy." I said with a grin.
"I can see that" she said smiling as I wiggled in my booster seat "more excited than normal, why are you so excited?" She asked.
"Acause" I said with a grin "Eo and I go to arnival ery year" I said "and ery year we go awone, but not no more." I said with a grin.
"Not anymore" Mama said with a smile as she walked into the room "never ever again." She said handing me Leo as we all walked out the door.

I sang to myself as Mommy buckled me into my car seat and excitedly looked out the window as we pulled into the parking lot.
When we got out of the car and made our way towards the ticket booth I started giggling to myself causing mama to look at me with a smile.
"What are you laughing at silly girl?" She asked with a grin.
"This where I walk in a fight Mama with dose stupid people." I said with a smile. "An I boke my arm
"Riley Peterson!" she said with a gasp "that is not funny." She said as Mommy started laughing "stop encouraging her Dana."
"Oh come on Hayden" she said with a smile "it was a year ago"
"Yeah Mama, it no hurt no more!" I said hugging her with a grin.
"And think" Mommy said "without that fight, and those stupid people, she wouldn't have broken her arm, we wouldn't have brought her to the hospital, so she wouldn't have spent the night at our house, and we wouldn't have asked her to be our little so soon, and she wouldn't have gotten the week off of work, so we wouldn't have gone to Hawaii, and we wouldn't have met our friends, so really..." Mommy said, pausing and waiting for Mama to fill in the rest of her sentence.
"I am not thanking them." Mama said with a frown picking me up and walking towards the ticket booth. "They gave her a black eye."
"I eally think you should tank dem Mama." I said with a grin laughing when she smiled with a huff.
I hugged Mama tight as we walked into the carnival laughing at Mommy as she made faces behind us. Maybe Mama couldn't thank those stupid people, they did send me to the hospital after all . But if it wasn't for them, I never would have met my Mommy and Mama, so I am thankful for my broken arm.

Ummm...hey guys. Thought I would wrap this book up like I promised I would 😬 anywaaaays!!! For everyone who has stuck with me through all my disappearing spells thank you! And that's a wrap 🙏