chapter 23

"Mommy says I gonna have a seepover Mama." I heard Riley tell Dana as I walked into her nursery and started packing her a change of clothes for the night. "With Andy, an ott, and essica."

"No way." Dana said as Riley squealed with happiness "What are you guys going to do?"

"I no know." Riley said as she skipped back into her room with Leo tucked under her arm. "What we gonna do Mommy?" She said scrunching her nose as she looked up at me.

"I don't know sweety." I said with a smile "But I know your going to have fun."

"It a surprise?" She said with a big smile.

"Sure baby." I said with a laugh. "It's a surprise."

I locked the door behind me as Dana buckled Riley into the car and as I sat in the front seat listened to her giggling in the backseat of the car and talking to Leo about how excited she was for the sleepover.

"We ere!" She yelled as we pulled up to the house and Jessica met us at the car.

"Hi Riley!" She yelled jumping up and down as I unbuckled Riley from her car seat. "We gonna hab so much fun!" Riley chased Jessica into the house and we walked to the front door to meet Sheri and Mike who standing on the front porch.

"Are you sure you don't mind her staying?" Dana asked as we stopped in front of them with a smile.

"Not at all." Mike said with a wave of his hand. "Jessica has been talking about it all day, she is so excited."

"I think she's excited to have another girl around the house." Sheri added "Go have fun and we'll return her to you in one piece in the morning!"

"Mama Mommy ook essica has a stuffie that ooks just ike Eo!" Riley said holding up two stuffed bunnies in her hand.

"I see that baby." I said setting them to the side and pulling her to me "Mama and I are going to go now so give us a hug and a kiss okay."

"You eaving?" She asked quietly her brow instantly furrowing "I go wif you then."

"No pumpkin you're going to stay here and have a lot of fun with Jessica and the boys and then Mommy and I will be back in the morning to pick you up." Dana said kneeling next to me.

"You promise?" She said after a few seconds.

"We promise." I said with a smile "We could never go to long without our Rileybug." I said pulling her in for a big hug and kiss before passing her off to Dana.

"Bye Mommy and Mama!" She said with a smile before she ran off with Jessica.

We waved to Sheri and Mike as we got into the car and rushed off to restaurant. Dana and I had decided that if we were going to have a Riley free night we were going to make it a date night and see a movie and get some dinner before heading home for the night. We decided on a nice steak restaurant for dinner.

"Hello." I said answering the phone as dinner came to a close and Dana turned to the server to pay for the meal.

"Hi Hayden, this is Sheri." She said sounding a little panicked. I sat up straight in my chair as I heard strangled coughing and wheezing in the background. "We have a problem at the house." She said before she pulled the phone away from her mouth and said something I couldn't hear.

"We have to go Dana." I said standing up and grabbing my bag. "What's going on Sheri?"

"I don't know, the kids were upstairs watching a movie when Jessica ran down and told me something was wrong with Riley." She said "She's wheezing and coughing and we can't get her to calm down."