chapter 12

"I'm so bored!" Riley sighed next to me as she took off her headphones and turned to me. "How much longer do we have?"

"Well Good morning sunshine." I laughed as I set down my book.

"It's 4 o'clock in the afternoon." she said in a monotone voice raising her eyebrow in confusion "I think you're loosing it."

"This is the first time I have talked to big Riley since yesterday. So good morning." She rolled her eyes as I continued. "We should be there soon. Pull out one of the many things Hayden packed for you, and it should keep you distracted for the rest of the flight."

"There is a lot here." She said with a small smile. "Is she always like that?"

"Pretty much." I said as I looked over and saw that Hayden was sleeping. "Let's just say you will never feel neglected." I said with a wink.

"I don't need all of this, you do know that, right?" she clarified pointing to the backpack at her feet. "I'm just happy to be with you guys."

"And that is one of the many things we love about you. Your lack of entitlement is refreshing. That's one of the reasons our first little fell through, she felt as if we owed her more than what we were giving her." I reached into her backpack and pulled out the Harry Potter book that Hayden had packed and handed it to Riley.

"Thank you." She said as she curled up to start reading. I smiled to myself as she absentmindedly slipped her pacifier into her mouth.

I sighed as a leaned back in my seat and let my mind wander to our first little. Hayden and I could tell right away that things weren't quite right with her, but we were so excited that we ignored our gut. As the months went on everything started to feel more and more forced until the final straw broke. Hayden and I caught her trying to sneak out of the house to go to a party and when we tried to disciple she had a lot to say. To sum it up she wasn't really a little, she was just pretending because of our money, and she didn't want to pretend anymore. Needless to say, Hayden and I weren't exactly shocked but we were still disappointed. We took a break for a while, but when we stumbled across Riley we knew it was time to take a risk. I leaned back in my seat and thought about the past and the future for the next hour or so before the fasten seat belt sign came on and I had to wake Hayden up to prepare for decent.

"We ere?" Riley asked rubbing her eyes and yawning.

"Almost bug, we have to put all your stuff away so the plane can land." I said as Hayden buckled herself and Riley up.

"Eo too? And my nuk?" she asked with a frown.

"You can keep those." I said as the plane finally touched down in Hawaii. We quickly gathered all of our stuff and listened to Riley babble to Leo as we exited the plane.

"Welcome to Hawaii." I said to Riley as Hayden picked her up so we could meet Susan at baggage claim.

I am so sorry it has taken me so long to write a chapter but I am back! Also I realize this chapter isn't the best, but i'm in the middle of another chapter that I hope to have out in the next couple of days!