“SKY!” Lexi came running over to me. “Pixie is saying stuff about you around the school about you.”

            “I’ll see you later Sky.” George mumbled from beside me and walked off before I could say anything and just as Lexi made it to me as I walked through the doors.

            “Like what?” I questioned Lexi, I knew Pixie was in a mood with me, again.

            “How you’re just a big faker and everything last year was just for attention. She’s also kicked you off the squad.” Lexi gave me a sympathetic look. A faker? Eurgh. Now I was angry again.

            “Bitch.” I sighed. Though, being kicked off of the cheer team really didn’t bother me, I wasn’t in love with it anymore.

            “Look, there’s a party tonight down at the lake, you should come!” She was inviting me to a party. Really? I didn’t really want to go to a party, and it would mean a night off work. “Free alcohol, come on, how could you turn it down?” She winked at me. Free alcohol.      

            “I’m in!” I laughed.

            “Cool, see you there! Think it’s starting at 9!” With that she turned and walked off. Lexi was nice, she was popular for being nice. The lake was surrounded by woods the other side of town.

            I walked into class, Pixie sat there with Trudy beside her, I rolled my eyes at her childishness and sat on the empty table beside where I usually sat. Not thinking, it only hit me when David walked in that I was sat at his table. Crap. I put my head down on the desk not wanting to exchange conversation. I heard him pull out a chair and then felt his arm brush mine as he sat down. Just that brush sent shivers down my spine. What was wrong with me? I’d touched him before, he’d helped me up, held my hand and pulled me up from the ground. ‘It’s because you now know he’s stalking you.’ I suppressed the thought.

            “Morning class.” I heard Nathan greet everyone as he strode into the classroom, I heard his footsteps, then him sitting at his desk. At least I’d made it into school just before him, now I don’t have to look at him. He began some lecture, everyone else was probably listening intently, especially the girls but I wasn’t, I was too busy trying to forget about the fact I’m sat beside a stalker. No, David is not a stalker! It’s just my imagination and Nathan winding me up. I heard his footsteps grow closer to me, then I felt his warm breath against my neck. “Sky, will you please be as nice to pay some attention.” He purred into my ear. I could ignore him, pretend I’m asleep… no, don’t be stupid. I sighed but sat up in my chair. Everyone was staring, even David. I looked down. “Thank you.” Nathan said before continueing whatever he was talking about.

            The bell rang and I was the first to stand up, I grabbed my bag and rushed out of the class room. Now I just have to keep my head down and work for the rest of the day. I can do that. Avoid David and avoid Nathan. Oh and at some point during the day possibly confront Pixie. Wait no, I can do that tonight. Yes… tonight.

            I made my way through the woods to get to the lake, like everything else at night the woods were creepy so I hurried watching where I stepped so I didn’t trip. I heard the party before I made it to the lake, the music loud and the voices of everyone having a good time. I emerged from the woods to see everyone with cups in their hands dancing in the moonlight. Lexi noticed me and ran over.

            “YOU CAME!” She screamed.          

            “Yep.” I smiled at her.