XXVII - Eleanor

I woke up feeling refreshed from a nap. A long, relaxing nap.

This manor.. is the only possession I have that holds my most unforgettable and best memories I had when I was growing up.
My parents gave this to me.

I looked at the calendar, January 24, 1960.

Huh, because yesterday it's the 23rd.. that makes sense.

The world progressed right before my eyes.

I went out to go for a grocery, and noticed that many buildings are being built, establishments, public places.. Too many advancement, but I'm glad I can keep up.

There's someone I don't know who's staring at me. It's a girl, around seven to nine years old.
"Hi! May I know what's the date today?"

"September.. September 24. But miss, we're not in the 1960s anymore.. we're in 2000s now." The little girl answered as she looked at me innocently, from head to toe.

My eyes went big. A little freaked out. "Really? Hahah, you're just a kid but you're packed with a sense of humor.."

She reached out for me and tried to touch me, but I didn't feel her. "Y-you're.. dead. You're a ghost."

What?

"I'm Angela Pendleton.. I hope we can be frie--"

My eyebrow arched. "No. We can't be." I rushed outside to see if anyone knows me.

"Hey.. hi? Can you tell me wh--" The teenager with a rose in her hand didn't.. see me, and even passed through me!

"AAAAAAA!!!" I screamed. No one hears. I'm not dead... I'm not dead.

I went back to the manor, to see if I have remains. I rummaged through the trash bins, cabinets, and even in bookshelves especially in my mom's library.

I spent the whole four days of looking for my remains but it was a waste.

I got tired and sat on the couch here in the library. Then suddenly I decided to pick up any random book to read and pass time. I scanned through the shelves and picked up a novel titled The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and went back to my seat.

I jumped in shock to hear something moving. I scanned through the whole room and my intention went to the shelf where I got the book. It opened, and revealed a secret room which wasn't locked.

I opened it and to my surprise, I saw my own skeleton, still in my favorite mid-length dress I wore when I... shot myself.

I kneeled. I started to weep. This is unbelievable.

I, myself, was horrified. I shut the door and returned the book, Where in I found out that it is the only lock.

I don't even want to know how my remains got here inside.

From this day on, no one should know what's inside this.

I heard a loud bang on the door.
I immediately went downstairs to see that it is indeed, the person I expect.

"Show yourself to me, Elle. I.. I can't live like this. I--"

A tear rolled down my cheek. "I'm here, I'm here, Andrew."

"Eleanor where are you!? Why.. Why is this place empty?" Crying like a kid, he went upstairs but didn't see me.

What the hell is happening? Why can't he see me anymore?

Andrew is screaming like a maniac. "Eleanor? Eleanor! Nasaan ka?! They fucking told me you were a ghost! You were dead! But.. But I can't believe it! Every fucking thing felt so real! Pag niyayakap kita, hinahalikan, hinahawakan ang kamay mo."

Angela went inside. "Drew? Andrew, let's get out of here."

I walked close to Angela. "I knew you can see me! You were that kid I saw years ago!" I can't express my emotions, if I should be mad, or glad.

Andrew sat on the floor and curled up, sobbing miserably.

Angela slowly raised her head and looked at me. "Yes, it was me. It wasn't just me who saw you, but also Andrew! Iyon nga lang, hindi maganda ang naidulot sa kanya noong nakita ka niya noong mga bata pa kami."