XXII - Eleanor

I know that Angela's a bubblier version of Andrew, based on his stories, at least.
She's fierce, but still soft-hearted.

But today, I didn't see any of it.

She looked flabbergasted, as if her face was drained of blood and turned pale when she saw me.

I badly want to be friends with her, but will it still be possible? Based on her reaction, it felt like she doesn't like me.

"Elle, still anxious? Baka hindi lang talaga maganda pakiramdam ni Gela ngayon. I suspect, it's that time of the month. You know?" And Andrew never failed to lighten up my mood.

I meekly smiled. "Really? Will she like me?"

"I'm sure." He playfully smiled and winked, and that would be the death of me.

"Hmm.. okay." He kissed the temple of my head.

He held my hand and fiddler with my fingers. "Elle, you know.. saktong-sakto yung kamay mo."

I frowned. "What?" I didn't understand.

"Your hand.. it fits mine perfectly." He raised my hand that he's holding and kissed the knuckles.

Oh god, what right have I done? How did I deserve this? This feeling, this man beside me?

"Drew, you know.." I looked straight into his eyes, down to his lips.

"What? Hindi ko pa alam.." He grinned.

I bit my lower lip, hesitating.

But I did it.

I kissed his lips, and felt its warmth, its softness.

Our kiss deepened as he seek entrance to my mouth and his tongue played with mine.
His hand lightly touched my cheek, then finally, he let go.

Wait, why did he stop?

He stared full of desire, as he bit his lower lip. "I just want to state a fact, Eleanor."

"And, what is that?" I answered, a bit annoyed.

I heard his soft chuckle. "You're the first woman ever.. to kiss me."

As an attempt to kiss again, I heard a shriek.

I quickly cocked my head to the side and Angela was standing with her mouth covered by her hands. Her eyes wide opened. "S-sorry! Oh my god, that was the most.. embarrassing I've--"

I composed myself and looks like Andrew doesn't even care?! He's.. laughing!

"D-do you need anything? I.. made food, so maybe we can all eat now." I awkwardly smile.

"Angela ano na namang mukha yan, natatae ka ba?" Still laughing Andrew.

Angela's brow arched up. "Gago, hindi! I just got a text from daddy that we have to go home. Anong oras na ba at parang ang dilim na sa labas?" Right, she's fierce.

"It's 6:48 PM now, Angela." I smiled, but she just nodded.

"Sorry, Eleanor, we have to go home. Our mom and dad went home early para makapag-dinner kasi kami ng magkakasabay ngayon." I don't know if she's saying it as an apology, or as a sarcasm?

I don't know.. Angela's hard to read. I pursed my lips.

"Oh, okay. Take care on your way home." I looked to Andrew and cupped his cheek.

He smiled. "I'll see you." Then I smiled back. He turned his back and went with her sister.

I wish.. the morning will come earlier.
I don't want to be lonely.. I feel as if I'm haunted.

"We'll come and get you again, sweet Eleanor,"

I'm hearing whispers again. No, no. They're dead.

I'm lying down my bed, thinking... how can I tell my secret to Andrew? How can I tell him that I killed people I despised?
How can I tell him that I was molested, and had a baby out of it?

How can I tell him that.. I'm not.. who I really am?

I turned to the other side of my bed and there I saw Angelo sitting on my couch.

"Dapat sabihin mo na sa kanya. Sabihin mo na sa mga kapatid ko."

"What.. what will I tell him?"

"Ngayon, alam kong alam na ni Angela kung ano ka talaga, at hindi ko nga rin alam kung bakit nakikita ka ni Drew.."

I frowned. "Why are you always here? And keep telling me that I should tell Andrew about myself?!"

He shrugged but smiled. "Be fair, Eleanor. My brother is telling you all the truth about him, why won't you? Then, I'll let you be at peace."

"Peace, huh? I was never at peace. Stop visiting me. Just stop!"

"Fine, I'll be the one to tell my siblings." He smiled and vanished.

I groaned out of frustration. I rose from my bed and picked up my lampshade and threw it on the wall.

I won't let that little boy ruin my plan.