XI - Eleanor

The more I spent my days with him, the more I feel comfortable.

Although I can't really express my thoughts, I can still tell him some. I'm still not ready to tell him my deepest, darkest secrets.

Andrew is an open book. He's outgoing, joyful, and very bright.

It seems like I'm getting used to him visiting me almost everyday.
I'd wait for him to come at 12 noon then he'll leave by 6PM.

I told him that I don't use a mobile phone. Though I know how to use that, of course. I just don't want to be hooked and exposed too much on such gadgets.
But he lent me his previous phone, which he said was barely used.
It even came with a sim card so we can still talk to each other. Him knowing that I don't have anyone in here, relatives nor acquaintances.

I'm almost finished at making this red rose cross-stitch when Andrew spoke.

"Wow, you still have a turntable? This is vintage! I mean, this is a model from 60s!" He exclaimed.

"Yeah. Mom used to play vinyl discs there almost all of the time." I chuckled.
I went to the shelf to pick a vinyl disc and put it on the turntable.

Crazy..
I'm crazy for feeling so lonely
I'm crazy,
Crazy for feeling so blue

"It's real! It's genuine!" Andrew, still amazed. "I used to watch some old movies and I get to see a turntable with a vinyl disc being played. And my slight obsession for things vintage took me on trips to museums. You want to come? Let's go?" Andrew is thrilled.

I knew
You'd love me as long as you wanted
And then some day
You'd leave me for somebody new

"Come? No... I can't really.. go outside." I hesitated. I don't want him to look like a fool in front of other people, even strangers.

Looks like his spirits dampened a bit. "Bakit? Why can't you go outside? I mean, we can actually go now. The weather's nice. Hindi uulan ngayon."

"I'm sorry.. I still have things to do. I can't leave the house too." I said. And lied.

Worry
Why do I let myself worry?
Wondering
What in the world did I do?

"Unbelievable. Let's go out and get you tanned! You look really pale, Eleanor."

Oh, crazy
For thinking that my love could hold you
I'm crazy for trying
And crazy for crying
And I'm crazy for loving you

"Why do you care if I'm that pale to you? Ayaw ko nga eh." I gave him a smug look. So what if I'm pale? Compared to him, he's almost always out. He's training, or playing basketball with friends.. he loves the outdoors, I don't. From the time it happened I never really go out of house.

Crazy
For thinking that my love could hold you
I'm crazy for trying
And crazy for crying
And I'm crazy for loving you

"Fine." He sighed. "Wala naman akong magagawa, hindi naman kita mapipilit lumabas kung ayaw mo talaga." He said with a tone of resignation, then the turntable stopped playing.

I'm sorry, Andrew. I really am.

He found an album of me when I was in high school. It's a bit worn, and the edges were like torn. The pictures look old.

"Why are your pictures in black and white? Was it a thing?"

"Y-yeah. It was... I mean, it's a style I want. Look further at the other albums." I handed him one of my album when I was in college.

"Artistic." He nodded. I sighed.
"Hmm... why don't you just upload your pictures on Facebook? For sure maraming magsesend ng friend requests sayo at magla-like ng pictures mo dun."

Is he implying that I'm a good-looking lady? Hmm.. I guess.

"Really? How so?" I asked. Well, for confirmation.

"Tinatanong pa ba yan? You're beautiful.. Even if you're pale." He laughed.

I rolled my eyes at him. He's always saying that I'm pale! Should I get more makeup to make me look a bit tan?

"Kidding aside, yeah, do you have a Facebook account?" He asked.

"None. You see, I'm not really interested in social media." I said.

He shrugged. "Okay."
"Sige na nga hindi na kita pipiliting lumabas. Bahay niyo pa lang parang museum na nga eh. Maraming gamit ang vintage dito eh." He grinned.

I sighed, relieved. "Your choice." I smiled.