XIX - Eleanor

"Since when did you learn how to make brownies, Elle?" I was enjoying myself by looking at him gobble up the brownies I baked for him as we're sitting in the parlor.

"Hmm.. when I was.. 15? I used to watch my mother make these, so I decided one day to learn how to," I gleefully chuckled. "Is it that good, Andrew?"

"I'm glad you know how to make brownies. It's my comfort food, after all.. Napagod talaga ako sa laro." He lightly patted his tummy and yawned. His eyes looked languid.

"Yeah? After almost a week of training? And I still remember the fact that you didn't call me after you texted an apology. And for what?"

He put the plate on the side table and slouched but looked straight into my eyes. "I'm sorry, if in any way, you felt violated by my kiss on your forehead. I mean, naduwag lang talaga ako eh. I didn't mean not to text or call you after a week, but I'm really sorry, Eleanor, if in any way I disappointed you." He looked concerned, and very apologetic.

I lightly punched his arm. "You fool! Why would you think I'll be mad at you?"

"D-dahil sa ginawa ko?"

"Because, you didn't even look back to see if I liked it! I felt.. respected, and safe when you did that. You didn't bother to look at me ag--" The next time I know, his warm and soft lips pressed against mine. His lips.. still tasted of brownies. I giggled at that thought.

This.. is the first time I felt really.. loved. I felt so important.

His hands cupped my cheeks, and the kiss lasted for a full minute. After he broke the kiss, he looked at me like I'm something very fragile.

"I.. like you, Eleanor. I just can't stop thinking about you. Sorry, sorry naduwag lang ako noon, but now, I can't.. I just can't get you out of my mind, you know?"

I don't know why, but a tear escaped from my eye. My heart went so soft and I can't get myself not to hug him. I can feel his heart beating fast. "I really like you, Andrew. I like you too. You made me feel unfamiliar things to me, I didn't know I was capable of liking a man beside my--" I paused.

"Hmm? Beside?" He looked at me. I felt nervous for a second.

"Beside my father, you silly!" I laughed.

He laughed too. "Ah, right."

He stayed for a bit while we're chatting on my bed. Nothing strange happened! We just talked about random things.. about her twin sister, his team, his Basketball journey he started when he was just 9 years old, his parents' love life and how they fell in love.. it feels like I knew everything about him.

I want to be beside him everyday. I want this to last, me in his arms while I hear his heart beating in his chest, his warmth. I long to be with him.. but I can't. I know that someday, I'll go, I have to leave.

"Care to tell me anything about you? Kahit ano lang, kahit sobrang random. I want you to be comfortable of me." He softly said while caressing my hair.

I looked at him. "Hmm.. I once had a pet dog named Maxwell, he ran outside the manor and I have to run after him but he fell into a canal which, thankfully, isn't wet at that time but he can't get up because," Even before I finished my story, I laughed, so hard I can't even breathe.
"Because he's too fat, so I really had to get and carry him."

He laughed too, then he started talking about the dogs his mom and grandfather used to have.

Andrew's a really soft person, and from this day on, I want to start protecting him, for the time being.. before I tell everything about myself, before I have to leave.

A couple of minutes before 8 in the evening when he said he'll be going home.

"I have to go home, Elle. I'll be back tomorrow. Or.. you can meet me outside the university? Gusto kong ipakilala kita kay Angela."

"A-Angela? Your.. twin sister?" Hell, I can't meet her.. yet.

"Please?" I can't refuse him with those puppy-like eyes! But I am firm with my words, I can't meet anyone from Andrew's life yet.

"I.. have errands to do tomorrow. I'm sorry, Drew."

He sighed. "Okay, maybe tomorrow is not yet the time. Naiintindihan ko naman." I eneveloped him into a hug and kissed him on the cheek.

"Go home safe." I sweetly smiled.

"I will." He hugged me tighter and planted a kiss on my forehead.

Today, it just became hard for me to see him go.

Will he be hurt if one day he'll know my secret and I really have to leave?