Grimoire 01 - Chapter 02 - The Aptitude Test [Part 03]

"Finn Lockwynn, correct?"

"Yeap, that's me all right."

"All right, give me a moment, I'll have it checked for you in a jiffy."

Finn was currently in the Office of Student Affairs of AMS. Because today was a Sunday, the office was also relatively empty, and thus, other than a couple or three staff members, were just Finn and Gaheris. While Finn waited for the female staff to get the information he needed, Gaheris was relaxing on the sofas in the small lounge area near the glass entrance. As for what information he was looking for, well, it was quite simple.

He did not know where the Apitude Test was being held.

To be precise, it was not that he did not know, but rather, that the venue had changed. Normally, it would have been held in one of the numerous Testing Rooms, but when he went over as per instructed on his enrolment papers, turned out the room was under reconstruction. Checking the other rooms nearby only led to denied access or that they were simply empty.

Thus the current scenario.

Thankfully they had some time to spare, for they did leave their apartment as early as possible. The clacking of keys continued for a little while longer before ending with a satisfying snick.

"All right, Finn, seems like the venue for your Aptitude Test has changed. It is now located at the Multi-Purpose Stadium. Simply take a left turn once you exit, and as you walk down the passageway, you should be able to see the stadium through the windows. It is essentially the largest structure within AMS, I don't think you will miss it."

"Okay, thanks so much!"

"You're welcome, and I wish you the best of luck!"

"Ahaha, thanks! Well, you heard her, let's go." Finn said as he spun around and headed straight towards the entrance.

Almost like a spring, Gaheris jumped off the sofa and quickly walked by Finn's side.

As the two of them walked down the passageway, though not as numerous like last time, gazes would still follow. But of course, most of them were on Gaheris herself. Most of the comments that they could vaguely make out were mostly focused on Gaheris's cute looks and her stunning, long golden hair. Gaheris herself was humming a simple tune as she walked leisurely right beside Finn while taking in the sights.

"Looks like that's the one."

"Oh? Where? Ah! That certainly is enormous. AMS is really full of surprises huh?"

A portion of the Multi-Purpose Stadium came into view as they crossed an uncovered walkway that connected one building to another.

"It certainly is huge, it could probably very well to be the largest in the world. But anyways, let's mo—"

A loud explosion echoed from behind them.

The both of them turned around and rushed towards the edge of the railings. As the walkway connected the upper floors of the adjacent buildings, they pretty much had a wide view of the surroundings.

Clouds of smoke with a visible bluish tint filled their view.

However, the smoke itself seemed to be dissipating rather quickly for its volume and it definitely was not spreading. Though faint, there were thin, green walls covering the area where the smoke was, in the shape of that of a perfect cube. Upon closer inspection, one would be able to discern the faint pattern that covered the entirety of this cube to be very similar to a lattice structure.

Without a doubt, it was a high grade magical barrier.

Before the smoke fully dissipated, two figures could be seen darting out in opposite directions from within the smoke. The moment the two parties recognized the position of the other, it was followed with swift, yet tactical movements.